Prologue

Hey people!

So, I know some of you may be surprised by me publishing a... new book. Especially since I have yet to finish books like "Secret Disease", "Memento", "Project Obliteration" and such... Or "Eclipsed", then again, I wanted to publish this book a long, long time ago. Although, it's not entirely new as it is a re-do of one of my older works. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy the small prologue to get into the mood. Before we start though, I would like to thank  for making the cover of "Vanished"~! Thankies ^^.

Time easily corrupts one's view on the matter. Someone can be sick for a couple of days due to catching a cold or something. A week? Unlikely for a cold, but two weeks without hearing a single word from the said person, that's just strange.

||||

The leaves of the trees were rustling as the harsh winter breeze pierced its way through. A lot of students were at home with a cold, but most of them seemed to recover within days. Tsurugi, Shindou and Kirino walked down the foggy streets. After classes, the three decided to check on their captain, worried as he had yet to text them.

Most of the time, when the boy was sick at home, he would continuously send them messages during classes, with the excuse of being bored and not being allowed to play soccer.

They continued chatting until the reached the front yard of the manor. The trio turned the corner only to see a scene that froze them in place. Neither of them spoke as they carefully examined the woman crying on the doorstep.

"Aki?" Shindou called out, cautiously approaching the lady. He stretched his arm out and laid his hand on top of the woman's shoulder and sat next to her. The two other males swiftly exchanged looks and decided to move closer.

The pinkhead sat next to Raimon's former captain, while the indigo-haired youth sat next to the still sobbing woman. It took some time before Aki moved her head up and swept her gaze from right to left, and backwards. She wiped several tears off her cheeks, drying the rest of her face with one of her green jacket's sleeves. She shifted in place, turning towards Tsurugi as she knew him the best out of the three, especially after Tenma inviting him over for sleep-overs and dinner numerous times.

Tsurugi flinched at the sight of the pitch-black bags below her eyes. Though, he regained his calm posture within seconds. "What's wrong?" He asked quietly, continuing to observe the lady in front of him.

She stood up and walked over to the fence. She leaned against the wall and slowly descended to the ground. Her breathing was still loud and heavy. The three players gazed over, waiting for her to answer Tsurugi's question.

Aki balled her hands into fists, then slammed onto the stone doorstep. All of a sudden, she snapped. "Dammit!" Tears once more started flowing down her cheeks and clattered apart on the ground.

The trio shuddered as they listened anxiously to her words.

"They took him."

Well, that will be it for the prologue. I hope I managed to portray the mood of the story at least a little bit with this prologue. As always, please consider leaving a vote or a comment down below as they are greatly appreciated. Also, I'd love to know your feelings about the book. One more housekeeping note; don't expect fast updates, I'll still be mainly focusing on my major projects.

Hope to see ya'll around next time!

'Til then!

~Tieg

|| Statistics ||

|| Writing Date: 15th of July 2018 ||

|| Publish Date: 15th of July 2018 ||

|| Last Edit: 15th of July 2018 ||