<Arc 2> Chapter 6

A/N: HELLO Lovelies ~ Here is the long-awaited new chapter, Shinkai Characters will have active roles as of this chapter. Enjoy~ 

 The cultural festival had come and go; now everybody is preparing for their examinations as exam month had arrived. Both Souji and Y/n got into big trouble as they were both doing poorly in their weak classes. Y/n was getting lectured by her Chemistry teacher, Takeda sensei in the faculty room whereas Souji was grounded and refrained from seeing Y/n by his sister, Mitsu. 

"Miss L/n, you have the lowest grade for chemistry in class and, you need a tutor to help you boost it up. If you did not reach the benchmark of 60% for this month's examination, you will have to attend winter break classes." Takeda sensei sighed as he placed her recent test papers on his desk. 

"I'll try my best to get a tutor to help me." Replied Y/n, she tried to avert eye contact with her teacher. 

"You better or else you would be held back a grand." He gave her a stern look before asking her to leave the faculty office. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 After the consultation; Y/n was hardly eating her lunch as she was busy mopping in misery with the pressure of passing her Chemistry class running in her mind. 

"Is everything alright for you, Y/n-chan?" Asked a concerned Hachiro. 

"No. I need a tutor for Chemistry and I can't bother Yahiko-sensei. She's pregnant. And, If I don't get the benchmark points I will have to attend winter break classes..." Mopped Y/n as she face plants herself on the table.

 "I would love to help, but I too need tutoring myself." Replied Heisuke as he ate his tamagoyaki. 

"Same here. I'm sorry for not being able to help..." Hachiro apologized; he felt guilty for not being able to be a good friend. 

 "It's alright, I will figure out something, this is so stressful." she replied while looking up to her friends.

"What about Okita-senpai? Is he not able to help you?" Asked Chizuru curiously. 

"He's grounded. Mitsu-nee found out that he is failing his Japanese Literature class and we can't see each other until exam season is over." She replied slowly picking herself up. 

"Is there anyone who could help you?" Asked Hachiro. "There is one person, I'll ask him later." She replied. 

Before the bell rang to indicate the lunch period is over, Y/n managed to eat her lunch and finished it. However, without the group noticing;  someone had been watching the miserable h/c girl with a concern expression.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 History class for both Y/n and Chizuru became a debate class with half of the class against their teacher Sakamoto sensei. 

"Sensei, you are wrong. Oda Nobunaga isn't the best Daimyo for Sengoku time. Date Masamune is." One of their classmates objected. 

"Maa~ Oda Nobunaga is cool for unifying half of Japan." Sakamoto Sensei interjected. 

The class was a war zone, Y/n just sulked as she had to figure out how to ask a favor from a person she TRIED to avoid. Chizuru noticed that and she worries for her friend. As soon as the last bell rang to indicate class is done for the day, Y/n detoured to the student council room to find someone that could help her.

"Relax, you are just asking a favor." Y/n chated to herself. 

She knocked on the door a couple of times before someone from inside replied a 'come in'. She took a deep breath and let out a sigh before opening the door. As Y/n walked in, Chikage was sitting at his desk skimming through club reports. 

"Well, someone is starting to be diligent for once." She joked. 

"Can I help you?" Chikage asked as he tried to not look shocked nor surprised seeing Y/n. 

"Yeah... I'm just wondering will you tutor me in Chemistry? You're the only person I could think of." She asked nervously while fidgeting.

"Can't your boyfriend help you?" He teased playfully.

"He's grounded. If you won't help me, I'll just go ask Saito or Kaoru to tutor me." She replied and was about to leave. 

He gritted his teeth, it had always been her to assume things. Chikage got up from his chair and went to stop her. 

"What's there for me to tutor you. I don't tutor for free as we are no longer in a relationship by your terms." He asked with an amused tone. 

"Ugh... What do you want? Can't you just help a friend?" She groaned. 

"A date, I want to go on a date with you as payment for our tutor session." He bargained. 

"Alright, just a date." She replied giving in to his demise for the sake of her grades. 

He smiled as he bent down to kiss her forehead, "We'll be like before again for this short period of time." He told her.

TBC

Afternote: Whew... Finally, some Kazama action probably will start the competition between both Kazama and Souji start here. Do contribute ideas to spice up the competition.