(Chapter 9)

"B-boyfriend?" I don't even know why this caught me off guard. He always flirts like this. Like ALWAYS. Well...not to me though. Obviously I hate him.

"Awe, sweetie, still saying you hate me huh?" He replies, standing up from the couch. I mentally hit myself for saying my thoughts aloud.

"Of course I still hate you. Why would I change my opinion of you?" I state plainly while raising one eyebrow.

"Oh (Y/N) you know why I believe you don't hate me anymore. Or maybe should I refresh your memory?" Dan takes a couple of steps towards me. A smirk spreading across his lips. I instinctively begin to walk backwards.

"No thank you Mr.Howell. If you think that would have changed my mind, you are very mistaken. It was just the heat of the moment and nothing more than that. So I suggest you stop flattering yourself and get some work done." I say quite harshly as I turn and flip my hair. I go towards my cart, immediately sorting out the books and returning them to their place. Effectively leaving Dan in shock.

After about two hours, Dan and I are done. Silently, we begin to walk down the empty halls towards the outdoor classroom. Room 60.

"Wow." I say as I enter the beautiful classroom, or I might as well say garden. Flowers bloomed everywhere. Different types and colors were all around us, brightening the path,leading the way. Fruit trees loomed over us, giving off shade, their leaves rustling in gentle evening breeze. I looked over at Dan who had the same awestruck face I probably had.

We continued down the little path until we reached a little fountain. Pennies were scattered all around, obviously from believing wishers who are hoping what they wishes will come true. I, being one of those people, tossed in a coin.

"So what'd you wish for (Y/L/N)?" I hear behind me. Oh yeah, I forgot Dan is with me.

"Nothing special." I say as I turn around to find a smiling Dan.

"Wishing to become my girlfriend I bet." He says looking smug as he leans against a tree. Giving me a little wink.

"In your dreams Howell." I respond as I walk past him to a little shed. I open the door and immediately see the watering cans. I grab two and as I turn around I hear a small splash, which I'm guessing came from the penny that Dan tossed in.

"So what did you wish for?" I ask, putting on my best innocent face.