Chapter 1

• Dedicated to I. Marlene King

=The foster's residence: Brandon's POV=

        "What the hell Brandon! We need you for the battle of the bands!" Lou said angrilly. "I'm sorry I have to go. You can do battle of the bands without me! Trust me you guys will be great!" I say trying to make the band feel better."Fine whatever." and then band leaves. I take my electric keyboard up to my room to take to Rosewood. I brush my teeth and change into a plain white tee shirt and boxers atnd go to bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        I hear a annoying beeping repeatably. I look to the left to see my alarm clock reading, "6:00 am." It's summer and I still have to get up at six! The plane to Phili will leave in an hour and a half. From Philadelphia we will drive to Rosewood. I jump out of bed and put a pair of denim shorts and a plaid short sleeved collared shirt. I open the doors as I run into Callie heading downstairs too. "I'm so sorry." Callie says apologetically. "No it's my fault." I smiled. We both walk into the kitchen/dinning table and sit down for breakfast.

Marianna was already there with Lena and my Mom Stef. "Morning! Are you ready for the flight?" asks Mom. "Good morning! I am so ready!" reply's Callie anxiously, "This is my first trip besides switching foster homes and staying in 'Girls United'. I wonder what riding in a plane will be like!" That makes Mom and Lena smile. "Is Jude and Jesus awake yet?" asks Mom. "Well mentally I'm still sleeping, but I don't know about them." I joke sort-of. "I will go wake them up because we have to leave to the airport in 20 minutes so we get to the airport an hour early to get to the sector on time!" Mom says as she walks upstairs to the boy's bedroom.

"So what are your guy's plans in Rosewood? It will be a long month with no plans." Lena says making small talk. "I am going to the hottest stores in Rosewood! I want to find a perfect dress for next year's dance. Callie you can come if you want if you have no plans!" Marianna says almost instantly. "I don't have any plans, so sure." Callie replys. "Well, one of the college professors has a daughter your age, and a son a little older then Jesus. Professor Montgomery was his name. I think his daughter is named Ar.... ari.. Aria! His son is named Mike I think. You could hang out with them." Lena says. "That would be cool." Callie says chill and calm like she always is. "So Brandon whats your plan." Marianna asks. "Just hang around our hotel and practice playing the piano to try to get 100% back in my hand since the fracture." I blurt. We are staying in a creepy hotel called The Lost Woods Resort. "Sounds busy-" Callie starts to say as Stef, Jesus, and Jude walk down the stairs into the dinning room.

We leave when Jesus and Jude are done eating. The parents try to get Jude to talk, because he hasn't been talking to anyone in a couple weeks. He doesn't say a word to anyone. The whole family sees that Callie is stressed out by Jude's lack of words, since Jude and Callie are super close with everything they have been through together. Jude still makes expressions, and you should have seen Jude's face as the airplane rose into the sky. It was priceless. I had rode on a plane before on a vacation when I was little with Marianna and Jesus, but this re jogged my memory. Jesus and I sat together and I got the window seat! Finally after seven hours of flying, we had reached our destination.