Chapter 8

-=Hanna's POV, The Marin House, 5:40 PM, Rosewood PA=-

"Dad?!" I said. Last time I had seen my dad is when he told me he would only pay for miss perfect Kate's college. He held a vase full of roses in his hand, and right behind him stood the queen bee, and his new wife. Why had he brung his new family? Why was he here. "Sorry, I didn't realize you had company." my dad said looking at Caleb. "I didn't realize you were coming, or even ever talking to me again." I say.
"Look I never knew you wanted to go to college. I'm sorry. Can we come in?" He says. "Hi Hanna." Isobel says, sounding only as if she has to say it. I can't think of how to reply, but Caleb saves me. "Sorry, we were just about to eat and Ashley only made enough food for three. Oh, and Kate, when I said that dress gives you back fat at the wedding, I meant it. Please don't wear dresses." Caleb says shutting the door. I smile but then say "Thank you, but now he really won't ever talk to me."
We go back to the kitchen and sit down where my mom is cooking. "Who was that? Things sounded... intense." Mom said. "Well thing were intense." Caleb says. "That was Dad. I think he came to show off Kate and how she got into Stanford, Yale, and only the best schools." I say. Then my phone rings again. The first time it was Ali, texting as herself for once. It was asking if I wanted to come over to talk. I replied "Hell no!" I could never trust her again. She has been A this whole time. We are not as blind as Jenna.
This text was from my dad. It read: "If you could talk about this, I'm staying in town for a couple more days. It would be great to see you." I don't reply to the text.
Caleb, my mom, and I sit down for dinner and talk the rest of the night, and I try and forget about Ali and Dad.

(AN: I KNOW ALI ISNT A, CHARLES IS. BUT IN MY FIRST CHAPTER IN THE SHOW WE THOUGHT ALI WAS A. )