Ascension

They walked through the woods. Both of them told the other what they did and saw that they both killed people who were evil but couldn't let others know. The plan required Historia to be on the throne. If Levi Squad failed to get her back... Cindy also filled in on what else had gone down in the past days, thanks to Clare telling her too.

"So, you really killed him? Your own father." She asked. "I can't imagine killing mine but yours sounds like he needed to die." She eyed him. "Will you, one day, tell me about him?"

"One day. For now, I don't want to talk about him until I give my report." He nodded at the bag. "What about you? What did you get?"

She patted the bag. "Papers that your father had hidden away. They seemed very important for him to move them quickly so I took them. And now I have the proof I need to take down my family."

He looked at her. "Take your family down? What do you mean?"

"The Airgead legacy..." She looked grim. "Yeah. When I was in the Corps, I got a feeling that there was more to my family than just being in the MP's. So, when I could, I began to investigate them with my friend Clare. She gave me evidence and with this..." She pulled an old looking stack of papers. "...file written by my father, I can end the evil my family has done."

He nodded. "Well, I will be there if you want me to be."

"Don't worry, I will tell you." They were quiet for a minute. The air between them felt tense, as if something needed to happen. Cindy looked at the ground and had to ask. "Adriane...is Annie the Female Titan?" He looked at her. "There is a file..." She pulled it out. "...that is detailed about her life, including that she is a Titan." She looked at him and held it out.

Adriane looked at the drawing. It was done by a pro as it seemed to capture her look perfectly. "Yeah, she is the Female Titan." He looked away, feeling nothing. "She killed many people and is responsible in part for the death of twenty percent of the Human Race five years ago. She is also in a self-made crystal, the one you saw that day she tried to get Eren in Stohess."

Cindy was shocked at this revelation. She looked down, her own heart felt the pain. 'She was my friend. She didn't seem the type.' She put the file back. "Did she tell you what she was?"

"The day before her capture." He remembered that day. "She told me just about everything."

"And you...still loved her?" Cindy looked shocked. "Don't know many people who would. I don't even think I could have called her a friend anymore."

He was quiet. "Cindy, you already know that I will not forget her." She nodded with a smile. "But I need someone who is here with me, who loves me." He looked at her. "I need you." He was smiling. "I need that bubbly woman who can be a beast."

Cindy lit up and took his hand. "And I need you, that man who is kind to those who need it." They both stopped. She looked down then. "But what if Annie comes back? What will you do then?"

He kissed her head and whispered. "Then she better understand." Cindy smiled again. "I mean unless you want to fight her for my love." He joked.

"Oh, you are such an ass!" She punched him again. They laughed, and she hugged him. "I love so much." Then she pushed him away as she had a thought. "So, do you know where we are meant to go by chance or is this just a bad date idea?" She asked, half serous, half joking. "Doubt we can or should wonder around these woods for long."

He had a GENERAL direction, but not an exact location. He knew it was for incase of his capture, but it was still annoying. "Ummm...yes and no." He looked at the map again, comparing it to the night sky. 'Come on Levi, couldn't you have at least said to look for the cleanest spot?'  He sighed and looked around. 'How did I get so lost?'