Adriane Matthews - Trost

The party was in full swing until Eren and Jean went at it...again, and the mood quieted for a little before picking up again. Annie was told by Reiner that they were going to do what they did five years ago tomorrow and she quietly agreed. The Founding Titan didn't show yet, so they were going to try again. But she thought about Adriane and where he was going to be. She didn't want him anywhere nearby, but he had to fight like everyone else. She got up and left. She also realized that she would hurt the others she thought as friends. 'Why did we have to go through all of this?' She had to keep her normal face though. 'Why did we have to let them in to our lives?' She knew that she couldn't let this hold her back. If she had to kill, she would.

Adriane was walking by when she walked out. "Party is in there." She pointed back. "You going to go in?"

He looked past her. "No. Still not a big party guy."

They ended up sitting on a bench across the door. "So, where are you to go?" She asked. "Seeing as you can't join the MP's."

"Probably the Garrison." He said with a little sigh. "Not sure if the Scouts are for me."

She nodded. "Ok." She didn't agree with him, but she had been telling others not to join the Scouts ether, in her own way. Plus, she remembered what he told her a while ago, about wanting to join the Scouts when he was younger.

"And you will be in the MP's." He stretched. "Might be able to join you in like thirty years."

"Maybe..." She sounded sad again. He saw a look on her face that told him that something was up with what he said. "So where were you going then, if not the party?" She asked.

He stood. "For a real drink." He looked at her. "I want to taste a real strong, body numbing shot before work tomorrow."

"Alright." She stood. "See you tomorrow."

*

He turned and waved. "See you later."

He walked to a bar that was close. He entered and sat at the bar itself instead of a table. He still had his Cadet Jacket on. "May I have something strong?"

The bartender looked at him while cleaning a glass. "Oh, you just graduated? Then this one is on the house." He reached for a top shelf item and poured it. "Good job solider."

"Not one officially yet but thank you very much." He drank and felt the burn. 'Shit, that's strong.' He breathed out and shock his head. "Wow."

"Kid's got his first drink boys." A patron chuckled. "Welcome to adult hood." The man walked over. "I'll get the next round. Glad to see our taxes are well spent."

Adriane looked at the man and saw a scar on his cheek. He remembered the man who tried to get him before. He didn't say anything, but he quickly looked to see how many there were, and it was the same three others, the same four men from before. "Thanks." He drank the drink and seethed. "This is some good stuff."

The man smiled. "Yeah...wait." He looked at Adriane closely and stopped. "My God, it's you! That kid from five years ago..."

Adriane stopped and readied without showing it. "Yeah. My father still looking for me?"

The man shrugged. "Don't know. After we failed to get you, he fired us." He grinned. "Those other kids, two of them were like beasts. That girl though. She was something else."

'Oh, you have no idea.' He thought before looked at the man. "So you don't know anything about my father?"

"Nope." The leader said. "He told us to shove off and that we would never be safe if we did any else."