Adriane Matthews - Uprising

The next day, I walked back into my apartment and sighed. I had skipped work to push myself harder to find out anything else about Jack and his crew. The problem was that I failed in the fact I was no closer to finding who the other three MP's were. I failed Commander Erwin.

And Cindy hadn't been free to see me last night. This didn't let me to see her if she was really spying on me. I needed to know for my fellow Scouts. Even though I trusted her, Levi and Hange were right, I had to find out for the sake of my fellow Scouts.

I walked into my kitchen and put my bag down. 'Maybe I should get some better tea. Should ask Levi what he drinks next time he is here.' I turned and paused. My window was opened and saw a note on my bed. My blade was out again I took it very slowly, making sure that I was alone.  The note was almost crumbled, as if thrown into my room. I opened it and knew what it meant.

'H and E found. Mission to get back tomorrow. Visit boss.'

Hange had written it quickly as if she had too much to do now. Made sense with Historia and Eren gone. She had to do so much in such a short time. They all did. I moved my bed and opened up the floor and saw my ODM and blades. "No problem ma'am." I smiled. "Guess this means I am quitting my day job."

-

The next day, after missing work once again, he was putting gear on. It felt good to put the ODM straps on again. He couldn't wait to put the ODM and feel the blades back in his hands. He really missed doing this. He hoped that he could put the Scout uniform on real soon. He missed his Wings.

That was when he heard someone walking in. "Adriane?" Cindy called out with worry. "I was told you haven't been to work the last two days. Are you here? The Land Lady gave me a key. Please tell me you are..." Then she stopped.

'Wait! Why did she just come in?' He turned and there was Cindy in her MP uniform, looking right at him. 'Oh no.'

She looked shocked. Placing her hands to her heart and asked. "What are you doing?" She stood there. "Why are you in ODM straps?" She then saw the ODM gear. "What is going on?"

He wasn't sure what to say...so he went back getting ready. He was going to be as honest as he could. "I am still with the Scouts. I never left them. I was assigned to investigate a group of Interior MP's lead by Jack, the warehouse boss. I was trying to find his crew while they thought I was being watch by them behind my back. I have received my orders that states the Eren has been taken and I have to take care of Jack." He pulled the last of the straps tight, keeping Historia out of it. "I am getting ready to kill him and his crew if they show." He put his boots on and stood tall. "So, knowing this...what are you going to do?"

The air was tense. They looked at each other. He began to feel that she was going to turn him in. He felt his body getting ready to fight. 'I can't let this keep me from following orders. If I must, I will kill her.' He thought. 'I will not my feelings hold me back any more.'

"I am going to help you." She finally said. "Since you were honest, I will be honest with you." She put her hands on her back. "I was assigned to watch you." He raised his eyebrows and felt his heart sink. "I found out that our first meeting wasn't by chance." She looked down. "Those MP's who are your father's friends had tried to assign me to watch you. They thought that if we got close that you wouldn't think I was."

He was getting mad now. This was the second woman he loved that had lied to him about their real mission. "Well, how did you do then?" He clenched his fists.

"I told them to fuck off before our first date." She said. "I told them I wouldn't do it. You have nothing for me to break the law. Nothing worth me destroying my oath as a peace keeper and my own morals."