Adriane Matthews - The Job

Jack showed him around. "Everything is easy. We get the orders and then we ship the items off on the wagons. From there they will help rebuild Trost."

Adriane nodded. "Sound much easier than killing Titans."

Jack laughed. "Should be. Heard that you were let go from the Scouts. Sad." Jack shook his head. "I hope that you will find this work ok. Helping a lot of people." He had his cover down very well, acting like he cared.

Then two men came up to them. "Right the, this the lad?" A large, well-built man asked. "Names Tony Hall." He tilted his head to the smaller man. "This is Bob Kent."

"Nice to meet you, you pile of filth." Bob said. "Can I get back to work? I can't deal with a runt right now." He left.

"Don't worry 'bout him." Tony jabbed his thumb back. "His like that with everyone. He is just an ass." He looked at Jack. "Boss, you want me to show him around?"

Jack patted Adriane's shoulders. "You will be in good hands young man. Tony is a good man." He waved. "I will be in my office."

Adriane followed him with his eyes. 'Second floor.' He looked up again and saw the office had a ceiling window. 'Good place to see into.' He looked back at Tony who was walking away. 'Ok, so window on second floor. When the place shuts down for the night, see if I can ether get in or listen in.'

Tony showed him basically the same thing Jack did, but how to pack the items onto a wagon and how to read the order forms as well. It would be easy job. Well, compared to the other half of it.

-

I did the job with ease. It wasn't too hard compared to killing Titans. Just reading forms and filling the carts up. All day, I followed a new kind of orders. During my lunch break I walked around the warehouse to see if there was a ladder. With luck, there was but it was locked and on the other side of Jack's office. I would have to find a way to get up without a sound. That may be hard. If need be, I would just use the roofs to jump to it and hope that the sound I made would be not very loud.

That evening, Tony was walking out with me, so I had to be careful as I was looking at the ladder. It was in the shadows so doing work at night might work.

My first night, I had to begin my recon. I came back and waited in the ally for everyone to leave, including Jack himself. When he was gone, I picked the lock. It was a long process, but I got in before anyone could see. I didn't have anything to cover much of myself other than my lower face. I would have to work on that.

I made my way behind as much stuff as I could, avoiding the center of the warehouse. There really was no one there but I had to be careful none the less. I entered his office and looked around with moving around as little as possible. Sadly, I couldn't find anything other than a small file on me and what little I had done so far. Of course, I shouldn't have expected to find anything very easily.

Then I found a file on Annie that was ready to be moved somewhere. It was very detailed, including the fact that I was part of her life at one point, and a new entry about Reiner and Bertholdt being in the same group. I looked at it and sighed. 'I cannot, I WILL not worry about her any more.' I thought to myself with the steel I had before. 'I have to let myself live my life.' I put it back and left without second thought or a moment of wanting to grab her picture as I would have before. 'She isn't coming back.'