"Luke, just pause it or turn down the volume." Victor sighed, and I caught him rolling his eyes in the corner of my vision which made me stifle a giggle. There was something silly about sophisticated, well-mannered Victor rolling his eyes at Luke's childishness.

"Dude, you don't understand! I have twenty-four seconds left to kill eight zombies, and I'll break Nathan's record," Luke exclaimed before his tongue stuck out slightly in concentration as his eyes remained glued to the screen. "Besides, I can't reach the remote from here. Just text North. He won't care."

I looked over at Victor, wondering if he thought it'd be incredibly lazy of me to text someone who was in the next room, but he just shrugged back at me. My head tilted in fascination. Victor made even shrugging look fancy.

"I'll just go get it myself," I decided, grabbing Victor's arm to get off of his lap, but both arms tightened around me as he shook his head.

"I changed my mind; I'm too comfortable. Just call him," Victor smiled, his eyes simmering as he gazed down at me. I basked in the warmth of his gaze.

"Fine." I pinched my lips, but was content to stay in his arms. Grabbing my phone out of it's home in my bra, I opened North's app to call him while trying not to feel too ridiculous.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Luke jumped up and faced us, startling me enough to fumble with the phone. "Don't call yet!"

"Luke." I frowned, holding tightly to my phone while admonishing him. "You scared me!"

"Sorry, Cupcake," he apologized, his lips growing into a twisted, mischievous grin. "But don't call him."

"Why not?" I asked, wondering where he was going with this. "What about the zombies? You just said—"

"I'll do it later." Luke waved his hand dismissively, walking over to the couch and plopping down next to us. "This is more important. Can I see your phone?"

I frowned, but fished it out and handed it over to his waiting sunkissed palm.

Luke didn't waste any time, opening up North's jeep app and mashing a button.

"Luke, wait—"

"Fuck!" North's voice boomed from the other room over the sound of rabid zombies on TV, startling me enough to jump in Victor's arms.

Luke snickered, dropping the phone into my lap and scrambling back over to his Xbox controller. Not a moment later, North was storming around the corner in alarm.

"What's wrong?" North barked, dark eyes darting down my body before they swept the rest of the room. "What happened, Sang Baby? What's the emergency?"

Emergency?

I stared back with wide eyes, jaw gaping as I tried to follow along. There wasn't an emergency, unless....

Oh, Luke. You butthead.

"I..." I trailed off, staring up at North in horror as I realized the massacre that was about to occur if he figured out what Luke did. My voice dropped to a whisper. "I'm sorry, North. It was an accident. Are you hurt?"

"What? I'm fine." North brushed off quickly, hovering next to our bean bag chair as his gaze whipped back to the door before casing the room. "What do you mean 'accident'? You didn't mean to red-line me?"

"I didn't. I'm so sorry," I whispered nervously, licking at my dry lips.

North's brows knit in bafflement as I remained frozen under his assessing glare. My hands were shaking, but we were so close to being in the clear—