CHAPTER 1

******

My name is Jennifer Mervin Silverstone, I come from a very small family that has little to give. I lost both of my parents when I was little and have no sibling but I stay with my nanny.

I was born with a red hair and freckles on my cheeks.
I'm fair in complexion, tall and chubby. I am not that tall just an average height of a female. I put on medicated glasses and I look more of a nerd.

Oh! Jennifer you don't just look more of a nerd you are a Nerd.

I don't have much friends,  Well that's because I am mostly friends with my notebook the only one thing that never fails me. Apparently my grandma is my only friend.

I was almost done with my high school when I discovered a scholarship exam that was going on at school. Thanks to my English teacher for letting me participate in this life changing exam. But yet again, I didn't want to I was scared, it was known that only the rich people, filthy rich people , and nice looking people attended the school. And with that I know I have no such quality of it at all, the only thing I had was my brain. Zero looks, zero wealth

Leaving nana to study a little bit far away was the most Important thing I avoided doing, lots of scholarship programs came in to me but I declined all because I wanted to go to a school that was close to nana so I could keep watch over her, didn't mind studying online and getting my certificate. But then again my high school teacher didn't just tell me about the one last scholarship exam but also went behind my back to discuss it with My Nana.

It was such an emotional turnaround between I and nana. Seeing how she gave me her genuine support and blessings, which she has always done all my life. I felt reluctant to write the exam but was happy about it. Aside of my academic IQ I still prayed and hoped I got into the University, it was my only hope to continue my education. Luckily for me during summer I got a mail that I was qualified to be a student of the king's college at London.

****

It was a new beginning, a time to change my life for a better good. Granny and I had to hit the local stores in town to get few wears for me, it was her savings for life, I told her not to but she never listened to me.
'I didn't save for you to tell me no my dear. I have always wanted to send you off to college seeing it happen now has been nothing but a great joy to me Jennifer'

My first day at school was hell some, every one picked on me, insulted me and made my life very miserable to live in. They made me a clown, even those of them I thought were my friends where only being friends with me just so I could help them  our with their assignment while they go out to party.

I learnt to distinguish myself from them, coming to school as early as possible and sitting at the edge of the class where they couldn't see me.  At lest that worked for a while.

Summer came and summer went by, and it was my second year in school and first day at school for the new semester.

Walking into the campus with my new friend Lilian, we met last semester and decided to be roommates ever since. She was cool and nice to hang out with, she is an American and came from a wealthy family.

Of course, the poor kids don't attend the school anyways.

Sometimes I ask myself and even her what she was doing by being friends with me and not hanging out with girls of her class but she always said that
'The me in me is so special that she wouldn't love to lose a friend like me'
Though her reply was weird but I still didn't care. It felt good and weird at same time to have a friend.

We walked to our lockers to get our textbooks for the class.

"You ain't staying by the edge of the class today, are you?" Lillian questioned, while flipping her blond hair to the side