Harry Potter AU (of course)

"Gabriel, where are we going?" Sam asked the 5th-year Slytherin, adjusting the tattered backpack on his shoulder. He jumped at a particularly loud owl screech from somewhere behind them, pulling his robes tighter around himself. Gabriel had told Sam that he'd found something in the woods that was to die for, but now Sam wasn't so sure if he had been literal or not.

"You'll see, Creampuff." he said with a quick wink at the Ravenclaw, flinging a lollipop stick behind him. Sam bit back a remark about littering, trying to focus on not being killed by the wild animals that were undoubtedly watching the pair.

Gabriel pulled Sam through the dark and desolate Forbidden Forest, dodging gnarled branches and spiderwebs large enough to trap a fully-grown man, following an invisible path known only to himself. Sam made sure to remember certain landmarks in case they got lost.

   They finally came upon a small clearing, the trees overhead creating a thick canopy that kept the ground cool and dry. There were various scattered bushes around the edge of it, creating a border around the clearing. In the center of the clearing was a perfectly round, crystal clear pond, complete with floating lilypads and cattails. Gabriel let go of Sam's hand, but continued to walk into the clearing.

Sam stood at the edge of the clearing looking around it in wonder while Gabriel walked towards the rocks at the edge of the pond.

"Pretty cool, huh Sammy-cakes? I was just wandering around one day, and it just called to me, yaknow? And when I found it, I figured it was something you would like." Gabriel clambered up the dark gray rocks, plopping himself down on the largest one.

"I figured you'd like to come here to study, since you're always complaining about how loud your common room is."

"Wow Gabriel, this is amazing." Sam said in awe. Walking over to the pond, looking down at the brightly colored fish that were swimming lazily around. Gabriel's cheeks tinted pink slightly, and he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Well you deserve to be able to study in peace," The Slytherin grinned at Sam. "You're in the top of your class, you deserve the best."

"This is better than the best, this is perfect." Sam walked over to the flat rock where Gabriel sat, setting his backpack down. He leaned over Gabriel and kissed his nose before settling down beside him and pulling some books out of his bag. Gabe let out a happy sigh, leaning his head on Sam's shoulder.

"We gotta go back before dark though. I don't want to know whats in the Forest at night." Sam hummed an agreement.

Gabriel pulled out his iPod and put the headphones on, flipping to what was probably a badly sung pop song.

Sam took out his inkwell and opened it, dipping his quill into the small pot, he began to write.

~∆~

I actually remembered to upload! (I should get an award or something.)
Thanks to you beautiful readers, this fic now has more than 6.02k reads, which is more than I could ever imagine, I would like to formally thank all of you for reading. ^-^  I wouldn't be writing if it weren't for you guys!
I would also like to thank the people who are sending me so ideas for new chapters, I've been working on those, so don't worry, I'll eventually get them done. (^ω^)

I dedicate this chapter to my friend Dana (she's crossroad assbutt on vine) who is going to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in a couple months. (She said she would bring me something from there.(>y<))

~Marco