of eggs and oversized t-shirts

Modern AU

Soft sunlight filtered through the blinds, warming his body. He laid atop the sheets and duvet, relishing in the sun. Dust motes danced through the air, waltzing in the morning sun.

Distantly he could hear kitchen sounds; frying, pans being moved. He debated getting up.

Gabriel stretched, practically purring like a kitten from the night's sleep. The eggs were practically calling his name.

He browsed the floor for discarded clothes, coming up with Sam's Stanford sweatshirt. A bit big, but it'll do. Had they not lived in the city, he may have just taken to walking around in the nude, and whereas the bedroom blinds were partially closed, he was sure the kitchens and living rooms weren't.

He pulled on the sweatshirt as he walked out the room, and damn it, the thing came to his knees; and now he just looked shorter than usual.
Of course, the awkward feeling of being a child in their parents clothes quickly passed as the cooking smells wafted closer.

Gabriel stumbled his way to the kitchen, (god he needed his coffee) and was greeted by Sam's expansive back, going to town on some sausage patties. He mumbled some semblance of what he hoped to be "good morning", and Sam turned to him, placid smile on his face.

"You do realize it's almost 12:00 in the afternoon, right?"

Gabriel grunted back, messing with the kurieg.

"Most normal people wake up at a decent hour to start the day."

Another grunt. God, why won't the stupid k-cup fit in the goddamn machine?

"Oh my god" Sam rolled his eyes and reached over, flipping the k-cup the right way, then he started the machine. Gabriel gave another grunt, walking to take a seat on the counter.

"Sam, it's like, Sunday, plenty of people don't wake up early on Sunday."

Sam just stared.

"What?"

"Gabriel, most people go to church on Sunday. Most people wake up earlier on Sunday than any day of the week."

"Well, Sam, I would have gotten up sooner, but the marvelous dick I got last night wore me out." Sam rolled his eyes, passing the newly-brewed coffee over.

"Flattery will get you nowhere."

...

Whoops hahaha I've been gone too long, two years, haha... Whoops!

I'm actually going to try to update more often, I promise! Unfortunately though, I refuse to watch any of the new supernatural episodes (because I just feel like the show should have ended at season 5) so any fic I write will be set during seasons 1-5 or be a AU. Sorry.