"For the Gods' sakes Griff," she groaned. "Your mate is fine. She's with Cya. Now shut up and be a king. It's bad enough you refused to wear your crown." 

   Griffin pulled his shoulder from her grasp roughly. "Whatever," he grumbled stubbornly. 

   Val rolled her eyes at his childish behavior. Edric's lips curled in amusement. 

   The doors swung open suddenly. He groaned and never looked up. Instead of hearing the multiple footsteps of guards and whoever they were accompanying, dress shoes clicked against the marble floor, there was only one pair of footsteps. Griffin finally peered up to see the pale man dressed in black standing a few feet away. His dark brown hair fell past his ears to only brush his shoulders, his intense brown eyes gazed back at Griffin with a purpose. 

   "Your majesty," he said gruffly.

   "Brandon," Griffin spat his name. "What do you want?" he asked, standing in defense. Edric stood still beside him showing no emotion as usual. 

   Brandon moved to reach inside his back pocket, pulling out a tightly rolled piece of paper and holding it up. "A message for you."

   "That you're delivering?" 

   He smirked. "It is a letter from my wife," he replied. Griffin quickly trotted down the stairs snatching the letter from him. 

   "Is something wrong?" he asked ripping off the queen's wax seal in order to unroll the paper. 

   "If there was, do you think I'd be here instead of with her?" He pointed. 

   Griffin ignored him as he read on. 

   "We heard the news of you finding your mate...  and Akantha wants to meet her immediately," he went on, "I decided to deliver the message myself because I kinda wanted to meet her first. Plus Akantha won't me out of that goddamned castle, I needed some air."

   He looked up, not needing to read on. "So she doesn't know you're here?" 

   He shrugged. "She might know by now. But I'll deal with her." 

   Griffin tucked the letter away.  "I was already planning on coming to see her anyway your presence wasn't necessary-"

   "What's her name?" 

   His jaw clenched beneath his beard. "Kaena. Kaena Black."

   An odd expression flashed across his face but was gone in a split second and back to a smug smile. "Kaena, a unisex Hawaiian name meaning 'Praised'," he informed, a matter of factly. Griffin rolled his eyes.

   "I'd love to meet the one to be 'praised'. Where is she?"

   Griffin glanced back at Edric and he gave a small shrug. Griffin turned back hesitantly. 

   "Follow me." Brandon followed Griffin up the main stairs and then to a narrow hall.

   Cya, Griffin called to her. 

   Yes Alpha, she answered like she always did.

   Where are you and Kaena? He asked her.