35

Ruka (2)

Iroh was able to get us both out of the crystals. We ran deeper into the cave, following the loud bomb like noises. Everything in me hoped that Zuko was fighting for their trust.

Iroh and I stopped at the edge of the cliff side when we saw Aang falling to the ground. He was unconscious. or I hoped he was.

Right when Katara caught him, Iroh and I jumped down in front of them.

"You've got to get out of here! I'll hold them off as long as I can!" Iroh yelled to Katara.

When I got a better look at Aang, he wasn't breathing. I widened my eyes, "Why isn't he breathing?"

Katara stands up and quickly rushes to the waterfall. She wraps the water under her and Aang, lifting themselves up and out of the cave.

I turned around at Zuko, tears streaming down my face. "Why isn't he breathing!? What did you do!? What did you do!?" I was screaming at the top of lungs. Zuko's face softened as I fell to my knees. The Dai Li Agents bent the crystals around me once again.

"No! Let me out of here!" I moved around as hard as I can. I'm going insane. When Zuko's eyes met mine, my bottom lip quivered. "You were supposed to choose love! You were supposed to choose me!"

My eyes averted away from him and to Azula. "You monster! You... bitch! It should've been you!" I continued to sob loudly until my voice was no longer audible.

"Finally. I thought you weren't ever going to shut your trap." Azula said as she walked over to me. She bent down and got in my face. "We won. You have nothing now."

I spit on her face.

Angrily, she wiped the saliva off. "You are going to wish you didn't do that." She gritted through her teeth. Once Azula walked away, seconds after, Zuko made his way over. He placed his hand on my cheek, "I didn't want to do this to you."

"...you're a coward." My throat was dry and my voice was raspy. I tried my best to sound clear. "You will never have your honor back. You will never be the Prince of the Fire Nation. Your loyalty means nothing."

As Zuko stands up, he furrows his brow at me. "I can arrange something! You can come back with me, Ruka!"

"I want nothing to do with you. I'd rather be locked in a cell."

"Then that's where you'll be!" Zuko turned around to Azula, "Take her away!"

"As you wish, brother." Azula smirked before looking at me. "I have a special place for you."

Side Note: And that's the end of Book 2! 7 months later, and we're on to the last book ): I'm sorry it was such a short chapter, but I'll make sure to have Book 3 up as soon as possible! I hope you guys enjoyed, thank you so much for reading. Until next time (:

also crying right now because #Zuka is over and they only lasted .2 seconds