28

Ruka (2)

When we slid the door to one of the rooms in our small home open, Iroh was seated beside a table with a large suit case open on top of it. It seemed like he was packing some things away.

Right when we walked inside, Iroh waisted no time to talk about his new shop. "So I was thinking about names for my new tea shop. How 'bout 'The Jasmine Dragon?' It's dramatic, poetic - has a nice ring to it."

Zuko pulled out the leaflet of Appa then showed it to Iroh. "The Avatar's here in Ba Sing Se. And he's lost his bison." Iroh seemed shocked at first before taking the leaflet and reading it himself.

As Zuko walked over to one of the windows, Iroh said, "We have a chance for a new life here. If you start stirring up trouble, we could lose all the good things that are happening for us."

Zuko turned around with his brow furrowed. "Good things that are happening for you. Have you ever thought that I want more from life than a nice apartment and a job serving tea?"

"There is nothing wrong with a life of peace and prosperity. I suggest you think about what it is that you want from your life, and why." Iroh responded.

Zuko turned back around. "I want my destiny."

"What that means is up to you." Iroh said as Zuko walked away from the window. I watched sadly as he went into another room.

I sighed. "I should go talk to him."

"I suggest that you do not get involved if his decision isn't what you agree with."

I didn't respond to what Iroh told me. That's easier said than done.

I walked over to the room Zuko went into and shut the door behind me. He was seated against a wall, looking down at his lap. I went over and sat down next to him.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and linked our arms together. "What are you thinking about?"

"The Avatar's bison." He responded.

"...what are you going to do?" I asked.

"I'm going to find him."

I slightly widened my eyes before facing him. "How are you going to do that? You have no idea where he is."

"I have a plan." He said. "Will you help me?"

Zuko's not thinking this through all the way. But if Appa's lost, then Aang's and the others are lost. I have to get Appa back to them.

"If you promise to not hurt Appa, I will help you."

He nodded. "I promise."

"So tell me this plan of yours."

>>>

Everything was set. We planned to leave right when it was completely dark out.

Zuko placed on the infamous Blue Spirit mask while I placed on the hood he had given me all that time ago. He wrapped the same scarf around the bottom of my face, leaving only my eyes revealed and tied it in the back. I then pulled the hood over my head.

I grabbed his hand and gave it squeeze. He did the same shortly after. We turned away from each other to grab our weapons. I grabbed Jet's hook swords while Zuko grabbed his dual swords.

We were ready.

Before we hopped out of the window in the room, Zuko grabbed my arm to get my attention. I looked up at him and waited. He lifted up his mask then pulled down my scarf. He leaned down and planted a long kiss on my lips. Before he could pull away, I placed my hand on the back of his head to pull him back down.

When we pulled away, I pulled down his mask and he pulled the scarf back over my nose.

We carefully left out the window one by one.  We climbed up on a roof and from there, jumped onto several ones until we reached the right one.

We looked down at the streets and searched for any Dai Li agents. 

When one finally appeared, I pointed down to him. Zuko nodded before hopping off of the roof. I did the same after. We ran down the street and from behind the Dai Li agent, Zuko bumped him aside while saying, "Out of my way skinny."

We turned in the alley we needed to then quickly hopped onto the roof. The Dai Li agent bended a some sort of rock glove at the dummy Zuko and I made just hours before and knocked the head right off. Zuko and I hopped off of the roof and snuck behind the agent.

From behind, Zuko put his dual sword to the mans neck before threatening him. "If you don't want to end up like him, you'll do what I say."

With my hook swords, I crossed them over each other then pushed the agent to the wall. "You'll answer every question truthfully. And don't bother lying... we all know what happens when a queen is lied to."