26

Ruka (2)

Kage and I strolled through the city the rest of the night. It was quiet between the two of us. Or at least from me.

"That was quite the scene." Kage said.

I sighed, "I know. I'm sorry."

"Ah, don't worry about it." Kage slightly smiled. "He wants to make it known that you're his girl."

I widened my eyes, "His what?"

Kage laughed. "You're not really going to tell me that Lee doesn't have feelings for you?"

I cocked a brow. "Because he doesn't."

He scoffed. "I know when a guy has their heart out for a girl. And his is for you."

I fidgeted with my fingers while looking down.

"But my question for you is, is your heart out for him?"

I groaned, "I don't know."

"Sure you do. But you won't admit it. Why?"

"...he's not someone I should romantically get involved with."

"By the scar on his face, I'm guessing it's because of his past."

I looked at him and furrowed my brows. "You're right."

Kage shrugged. "Of course I am."

I chuckled before sighing, "I don't know what to do. I can just imagine the faces of my brother and sister... how hurt they'd be..."

"They're family. They're supposed to love you no matter what. Sure it'll take time, everyone heals differently. But it's not everyday you find someone who makes you feel the way you're feeling now."

"I need a little more time."

"Jin isn't the only girl who's interested in him. There's plenty of regulars in the shop." Kage said. "I think you should tell him."

"What if he doesn't feel it back?"

"Trust me, he does."

"But what if."

"...it's better to let it all out then to keep it all in."

I placed my hand in his shoulder. "Some experience?"

"Just a little."

I half smiled. "Okay then. I'll do it."

"It's getting late, you should hurry and find him before he goes home."

I widened my eyes. "Wait, now?!"

"Yes now. Hurry Jade."

"But-"

"Go. Be happy."

I nodded before turning around and began to run through the city. Am I really going to do this?

I had no idea where'd they be.

I'm really doing this.

Somewhere close to the restaurant maybe.

I think I'm going to throw up.

"Ruka?"

I stopped in my tracks and Zuko was just a few feet away from me.

"Why are you running? Where's Kage?" He asked me while walking over to me. "Did he leave you?"

I shook my head. I saw that my hair was now out of its bun from earlier.

How do I even say this? I should've stayed with Kage a little longer.

"You're shaking. Here," he wrapped his arm around me then rubbed his hand up and down my arm to create warmth. "I hope this helps."

I can already picture the faces Katara and Sokka will give me... how much of a disgrace I'd be to them.

"Did he hurt you?"

I shook my head.

Be happy.

"Then can you tell me what's wrong with you? You're freaking me out!"

Do it. Now.

I moved away from Zuko's hold and stood in front of him. Because of our height difference, I had to look up to him. "It's hard to make sense of what I feel for you." I blurted out.

"What?"

"When I look at you and I stop thinking and I let myself just be with you..." I debated if I should continue. When my aqua colored orbs looked into Zuko's amber colored ones, my heart raced. I'm going to finish.

"I want to be happy. And you make me happy, Zuko."

Zuko was at loss for words. His eyes were slightly widened and his lips were parted. He was making me so much more nervous.

"Can you say something?" My voice was low.

"...what are you trying to say?" He asked.

I sighed. He's hopeless...

"I like you Zuko," I took another step forward. "Hell, I might even love you. But I don't want to get too ahead of myself."

"Ruka..."

I took my last step before reaching my hand up and placing it to his cheek. "If you walk away right now, it's for you. Because I know what I want. And it's you." I whispered.

We stayed like this for almost a minute. I couldn't handle the silence any longer.

"Say something, please."

When he stayed quiet, I removed my hand away from his face and slowly backed away from him. "Alright then."

When I turned around, I only took a few steps before my wrist was gently grabbed. My heart dropped.

Zuko turned me around and slowly placed my hand back onto his cheek. He laced his fingers with mine and leaned down into my hand.

"Thank you." He whispered before he started to lean in.

"For what?" I asked slowly.

"For having the guts to say it first."

I placed my other hand on the other side of his face, stood up onto my tippy toes then pushed my lips onto his.

We both smiled into the kiss before pulling away from each other.

"What are we doing?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I don't know..." he put strands of hair behind my ears. "but I like it."

I lightly laughed. "I like it too."

Side Note: THEY'RE FINALLY TOGETHER!!! AND I LOVE HOW IT HAPPENED!! I HOPE YOU LOVED IT TOO!!! #ZUKA HAS OFFICIALLY SAILED!!!