34

Ruka (2)

"What do you want from me, Azula?" I asked as  I was practically dragged by a Dai Li Agent.

"I figured we could take this time to... get to know each other." She smirked.

"I don't want anything to do with you." I spat.

Azula chuckled, "You will."

Deeper inside the room, two Kyoshi Warriors were fighting Sokka and the two girls from the day Azula shot Iroh.

Azula hurried over to the King. Before I could warn him, the Dai Li agent covered my mouth.

She grabbed the king from behind and threatened them with a blue flame coming out of her finger tips. "This fight is over."

The trio raised their hands up in surrender and one of the Kysoshi warriors, or so I thought, jabbed her fingers into their sides, making them drop to the floor. One of the agents launched their rock gloves at Momo, making him fall to the floor as well.

Azula pushed the King forward, "Get them all out of my sight."

The Dai Li agents and the imposters dragged all four of them away - including a bear. Sokka didn't see me. No one knows where I am.

"Your highness, do you want me to take the girl as well?" The agent holding me hostile asked.

"Take her to the Crystal Catacombs." Azula replied. "We'll have our little chat some other time."

>>>

The Dai Li Agent opened up the entrance to the Catacombs then threw me inside. I rolled down the downward tunnel until I hit the ground. I groaned as I pushed myself up, "There could've been a nicer way to do that."

I looked up and Zuko was looking down at me. Next to him was Iroh. I stood up with a smile. "You guys are okay."

Zuko pulled me into a tight hug. I quickly hugged him back. After he kissed the top of my head, I looked over to Iroh. "What's the plan?"

"Ruka." Iroh says seriously as Zuko and I pull away. "It's time for Zuko to decide his destiny."

I knew what he meant. Aang.

I nodded before looking up at Zuko. "Do you love Iroh?"

He nodded. "Of course."

"Do you love me?"

"More than anything."

"So think of it this way; Love," I placed a hand out, my palm facing upward. "or hate." I placed out my other hand, doing the same thing.

"You're not the man you used to be, Zuko." Iroh said. "You are stronger, and wiser and freer than you have ever been. And now you have come to the crossroads of your destiny. It's time for you to choose. It's time for you to choose good."

As if on cue, a mass of crystals shoot up from the ground, trapping Iroh and I in them. The feeling felt familiar.

I hung my head down when I heard Azula's voice. "You've got to be kidding me." I muttered.

"I expected this kind of treachery from Uncle, but Zuko - Prince Zuko - you're a lot of things, but you're not a traitor, are you?" Azula cocked a brow.

"Release them immediately." Zuko demanded.

"It's not too late for you, Zuko. You can still redeem yourself." Azula smirked.

"The kind of redemption she offers is not for you!" Iroh interjects.

"Why don't you let him decide, Uncle."

"So let him!... you manipulative brat." I gritted through my teeth.

Ignoring my comment, she looks back at Zuko. "I need you, Zuko. I've plotted every move of this day. This glorious day in Fire Nation history. And the only way we win is together. At the end of this day, you will have your honor back. You will have father's love. You will have everything you want."

"Stop!" I yelled. Zuko slowly turns around and faces me.

"I love you, Zuko. Iroh and I both do so much. You are a good man. Don't let her manipulate you into someone you're not."

"Zuko, I am begging you. Look into your heart and see what it is that you truly want." Iroh adds.

"You are free to chose." Azula waves off the two Dai Li Agents behind her. They bend themselves out of the cave then Azula walks off, leaving us.

Zuko looked over to me, our eyes locked. "I'm going to get you out of here."

I nodded. "... I know you will."

He rushed over to me and grabbed my face. He leaned down and pressed our lips together. When he pulled away, he ran off in the same direction Azula did.

"Ruka," Iroh started. "No matter what happens today, no matter where we end up - you did the best that you could... and please, never forget the Zuko we both truly know."

I slowly nodded. "Okay."