7.

Valentine's Day

Robert

I leaned on the brick wall waiting for Sophia to make her way down to the commons from class. She didn't know I was waiting for her, but I wanted to give her her Valentine's Day gift. She walked straight past me, zoned out. Her headphones were in that's probably why. I grab her hand before she gets too far and she turns around.

"Oh, hey you." She smiles brightly "I didn't even see you there." 

"It's okay. Happy Valentine's Day." I say

"To you too."

"Come on." I say pulling her with me

"Wait where are we going?" She asks 

"You'll see." I smile to myself

We walk out the front doors of the school, and walk around the back where the bleachers were in front of the track. It was a little cold but it was bearable. We walk to the top and sit in the middle side to side.

"What are we doing out here?" She asks looking at me

"I wanna get to know you more, I'm really feeling you." I say looking in her eyes

Sophia

I blush and look away. He likes me. 

I go on to talk about my life form when I moved here from Jamaica as a little girl, up to now. I didn't get into anything deep because I wasn't ready to be completely vulnerable around him. He told me some stuff about him too. He really cares about his family. I mean he carried a picture of his parents from their wedding day around with him. He was really sweet.

 Mid-conversation the bell rings. I didn't have class for another 2 periods so I wasn't tripping.

"You have class?" I ask

"Yea, but I wanna stay here with you." He smiles "I'll just be late."

We talk a little more about J.Cole and the songs we thought most people were slept on. J.Cole was one of my favorite rappers and so was his. He swore up and down him and J. Cole have this close relationship because his birthday is 4 days before his, I doubt it but I let him have it.

"So what's my Valentine's Day gift?" I ask curiously

"Time." He replies "Time is more precious than anything. You can't buy it and you can't get it back. So I decided to spend my time with you, and I want to spend even more time with you moving forward." 

He was so real. I was in awe after what he just said. I've never met someone like him.

"I couldn't ask for a better gift." I smile "Thank you."