47.

May

Abby

Pryce leaned back into my lap as he sat in front of me on the bleachers. We were at an assembly. Towards the end of the year they have a bunch of these for seniors. Saturday was prom and Monday was our graduation.

My prom dress was rose gold with sequins. Pryce was gonna wear a suit jacket to match. As exciting graduating and being done with high school was I was sad.

 As exciting graduating and being done with high school was I was sad

Pryce was confident our relationship could withstand long distance.

I wasn't.

"Can our Varsity Boys Basketball team make their way down?" Coach Baker said in the microphone

Everyone cheered as Pryce and his teammates filled the basketball court. They were about to start the dunk contest.

"Yo, sorry to interrupt you Coach but could Abby Gaynor stand up please?" Pryce said into the microphone

Oh my god! What was he doing?

I stood up slowly in confusion as everyone's eyes turned towards me.

"The most beautiful girl in the world deserves to have all on eyes on her. Baby will you go to prom with me?"

I could feel tears welling in my eyes as everyone chanted "say yes."

"Yes!" I yelled

I made my way down to the court and ran up to him. He picked me up and spun me around as everyone clapped. He put me down and gave me a kiss.

"Don't cry babe." He said wiping a tear from my cheek

I gave him a reassuring smile and hugged him once more. I started heading back to my seat and decided to detour to the bathroom. I opened the door and saw that no one was in here. I walked over to the sink and sighed. I could feel more tears coming and I couldn't hold it in anymore. Hot tears streamed down my face as I started to cry. You'd think I was crying because I was happy but as sweet as the promposal was it just made me sad. Once Pryce and I head off too college, there'd be no more moments like these. Just memories of them.

The door swung open and two girls walked in. I quickly wiped my tears and fix myself in the mirror.

"Hey weren't you the one who just got asked to prom?" One of them asked

"Yeah that's me." I smiled a little

"You have the best boyfriend in the world. My nigga would never do shit like that for me with his sorry ass."

"Girl, don't even trip over him."

As the two of them went back and forth I left out the bathroom and made my way back to my seat. As I sat down next to Pryce he put his arm around me.