Chapter 21

~~

"I'll be out all day today, little one. I have some things to do." Emir informed Zeynep the next day, while eating breakfast.
"What things? Aren't you jobless?" She questioned him sarcastically.
Emir chuckled, admiring her smart come back.
"See what carrying my genes has done to you... Fascinating."
"Where will you go?" She demanded to know, knowing that her brother's engagement would take place tonight.
"Are you jealous?" He hinted her, sitting back in the chair and crossing his legs.
"Hmm.." Nodding her head, she batted her eyelashes at him fakely.
"Don't be, I'm a married man. I'll come back tonight." His voice was calmly annoying.
"If you mean it in the same way like when you were married to Nihan, then I have to prepare myself for the worst."
"You're so cute when you are jealous, my darling." He tried to hide a smile as he stood up in a flash. "Take care of Poyraz." They looked at each other meaningfully for seconds, before he walked upstairs.
Zeynep puckered her lips, thoughtfully. What was so important that he would be out all day?
However this was making it way easier for her to attend Kemal's engagement without him knowing. It would take place early in the evening, so she would be back home before Emir.
"Eda!" She called out loud.
"Yes, Mrs." Eda ran quickly down the stairs of the garden.
"Call me a taxi, I will go shopping." She ordered her, standing up.
"On your own?" Eda stood uncomfortable. If Emir knew this, he would fire her at once. "I can take you somewhere you'll like."
"Come with me then." Zeynep asked her, making her way upstairs.

In the meantime Emir was at Baran's place, putting the final straws on his plan. He wanted everything to be on point and achieve his mainly goal which was to ruin Kemal and Nihan's engagement and punish them by abducting Deniz.
Life isn't a fairytale, it's a game where the bad ones always win.

"I'll get the white one, it fits the spirit." Zeynep announced, taking in her hands the dress she tried on before.
"You looked lovely in it. It's like a wedding dress." Eda commented smiling.
Zeynep stood for seconds, smiling sadly. She never got to wear a wedding dress for her marriage this time, the marriage which was the most valuable to her.
"Mrs Kozcuoğlu." The store's manager appeared from his office, being told who she was by the staff.
Zeynep turned her head, eyeing him questionally.
"I am sorry if we didn't welcome you good enough. Would you like something to drink?"
"No, I'm fine. I'll just get this dress." She replied kindly, not understanding his deal.
"Mr Emir owns the 80% percent of our stores,it's his new opening to the business."
"OH?" She widened her eyes, surprised. She had no idea about this. But then again, when does he ever tell her anything. "I guess my husband forgot to fill me in on his new investment. It's really interesting."
"That's quite surprising since he said it's an investment for you." The manager stated hesitantly.
Zeynep turned to look at Eda who was looking down. So that's why she was brought here... Even under these circumstances, it was for her to get to know of Emir's business for her.
Emir figured it would be quite better if she had to take care of her own business. She wouldn't need to spend much time for it, just pass her time after Poyraz is born. She would feel less enclosed like this.
"Forgive me... I didn't want to tell you like this, I mean Mr Emir had said-, but I found the chance since you said you wanted to shop so-"
"It's fine, don't stress over it." Zeynep talked over her.
"You're not angry with me, are you?" Eda was rubbing her palms together nervously.
"Why would I be? It has nothing to do with you." She walked to the cashier to pay.

When Zeynep was back at home later, she got a call from Emir.
"Little one?"
"Yes?"
"How are you both doing?"
"Did you buy a freaking chain of stores for me?!"
"Partly bought it. Did you like the idea?"
"No, it's too much. I don't want it."
"It's not for you, it's for Poyraz. My son should have his own business when he gets 18. You will be just managing it."
"How do you even find the money? You don't have a company anymore."
"I have money offshore for ten lifetimes, Zeynep. I started investing on things so I earn more."
"You are like a cockroach that never dies, I swear."
"How would you keep on living if I eventually died? Spoiler alert: You wouldn't, so stop complaining." He smiled, hanging up.