Chapter 42

~~

*3 months later.*

"Tell me, Mehmet."
"I just spoke with Mrs Zeynep's doctor... Her pregnancy is out of risk now, she completed the first semester."
"Good..." Emir nodded his head at the phone. He was still in London. Zeynep was back in İstanbul with Poyraz for more than two months now.
They weren't talking much, only when it was strictly concerning their son. Zeynep didn't want any contact with him, she was still hella mad at him for the way he behaved.
The divorce process was supposed to be on, although Zeynep didn't know that Emir had stopped it without informing her. Almost two weeks after she moved to Turkey again, the doctor had informed her about a potential problem with the baby so she had to be really careful, not moving much and stay pretty much sitted or in bed.
Emir instantly found out about it, he had Mehmet and his men following her every move and protect her if there was any need. He was in contact with her doctor for more details since they weren't communicating.
He was supposed to go see his son at some point, however when he got aware of Zeynep's risky pregnancy he thought otherwise. It wasn't the time to stress her even more. He would wait (impatiently) until it was the right time to do it.
Now, after receiving the news it was time for a small visit. He had missed Poyraz so badly. And her, obviously... Even if he would never admit it.
The house was so empty... There was no one to wait for him when he came back, to ask him how his day was, to argue with him and fight for the slightest things. Her smell and his son's which were making this house feel like home, weren't there anymore.
So that's how loneliness felt... You can have everything but still have nothing that matters in your hands. At least he was able to recognize it now.
"And..." Mehmet interrupted Emir from his thoughts since they were still on the phone.
"And what?"
"There's still two things you need to know, sir."
"Speak!" Emir ordered him impatiently, he didn't like his tone.
"These past few days there's a car outside Mrs Zeynep's house... Two men are inside, it looks like they want to check something..." Mehmet trailed, waiting for Emir's outburst.
"WHAT THE HELL?! WHY AM I PAYING YOU, YOU IDIOT?! TO TELL THIS NOW?! WHO ARE THEY AND WHAT DO THEY WANT OUTSIDE MY WIFE'S HOUSE?!"
"I will sort it out-"
"Don't you dare take your eyes off of her before you find out what is going on!"
"Don't you worry, Mr Emir... I promise you, she's safe... We have almost circled the house. As about the other news-"
"TALK!"
"Detective Hakan has visited her twice this week. He's inside now, it's been about two hours."
Emir rolled his eyes, as he clenched the phone into his hand. He hung up at Mehmet without saying anything else, dialing another number.
"Prepare the jet, we are flying to Istanbul today."
He started pacing furiously in the living room.
"You had enough freedom, little one." He forced a smile as he stared at the London view. It was raining again, nothing new for this city. Water drops along with cold had tarnished the windows, making the view unclear. This was how everything in his brain was right now... Unclear. A chaotic place where he couldn't distinguish himself and his feelings. Everything was all over the place... Zeynep, Poyraz, the new baby on the way... Day to day he had gotten accustomed with the idea of it, especially after he found out there was a risk. That's why he was in constant contact with her doctor anyway, he was worried. Worried about a baby he didn't want... He shook his head at his own stupidity. Of course he wanted it, it was just unexpected. Just like Poyraz. Another unexpected miracle of the spot.

"Stop feeding him, for God's sake mother!" Zeynep complained as Fehime was over feeding Poyraz.
"I made it for him, he should eat it! You should eat your soup too, you're way too thin..." Fehime scoffed.
"I won't be thin for long..." She whispered, touching her stomach.
"Good job, girl. Good job! Divorced with a child and another on the way!"
"Uff, mother! Don't do that..." Zeynep turned her face away.
"Everyone will talk about us again! We'll become a spectacle in the neighborhood! With this Satan you married..." At the moment, the main door opened and Tarik entered along with Banu.
"Don't talk." Zeynep told her mother, placing her finger against her lips.
"My beautiful Zeynep..." Tarık hugged his sister dearly, kissing the side of her head.
"My dear brother..." Zeynep smiled, rubbing her hands up and down his back.
"Hi Zeynep." Banu greeted her, smiling softly.
"Hey." Zeynep nodded her head, sitting back.
"Poyraz! Come to uncle, come my lion!" Tarik took Poyraz in his arms, playing with him.
Hakan left Zeynep at her parents after visiting her this morning. Thankfully Fehime didn't see him or else she would start her scenarios again. He was just a good friend. He loved her still obviously but Zeynep was completely oblivious to that, his friendship was the only thing that mattered to her.

Quiet Storm जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें