Chapter 20

Masky’s Perspective

        “So, what do you think of her?” Kara randomly asks while we walk back to Sapphire’s house.
        “Huh? Who?”
        “Sapphire, duh! What do you think of her?” I think about it a second.
        “Well, she's smart for one thing. Crazy too. She's really fun to be around and not to forget she's beautiful. I like her…” She stares at me in surprise so I speak the next part quickly.
        “Bu-but it's not like she'd ever like me back! I mean, that would be some pretty stupid thinking, right?” I laugh a bit to cover up the crack in my voice. She stares at me a little longer then looks ahead of us.
        “You really like her don't you?” I think about it a little longer.
        “Yeah, I guess I do.” We get back to Sapphire’s and knock on the door, which opens to show the girl in question wearing a bath towel. I turn around immediately. ‘Don't look don't look don't look.’
        “Hey guys. What's wrong with Tim?” The nearly naked girl behind me asks the only other person who knows how I feel about her.
        “For underworld’s sake! You're wearing a towel to open your door and you're gonna ask what's wrong with the guy who knocked?”
        “Oh. Ohhh. Oops! Sorry Tim. Just close your eyes for a sec, kay?”
        “Trust me Blue. They were already shut tight.” I feel myself get dragged through the house and hear the door shut after us.
        “Coleen, where's my costume?” I hear the girl of my dreams ask.
        “It's on the back of the couch.” Is the answer.
        “Thanks.” I hear a zipping sound then it goes silent for a moment, aside from footsteps walking away.
        “You can open your eyes now.” I hear Kara say and do as instructed. I'm immediately handed a bag on a hanger.
        “This is your costume. Not even Sapphire has seen it yet. The bathroom is up the stairs, third door to the right. Take a shower before you put it on.” Coleen tells me. I follow her instructions and end up dressed like a white cat. I walk out of the bathroom and get pushed, and locked, in an empty bedroom.
        “I'll let you out once the guests arrive. No worries though, Chat Noir is locked up in a different room.” I hear Peryn’s voice on the other side of the door.
        “And what exactly am I supposed to do in here for the next hour?”
        “There's a ball in there for you Chat Blanc.” I look around and find a yarn ball on the bed.
        “Seriously?”
        “Yep! See you in an hour Chat Blanc. Your mask is on the nightstand.” I look and find a white masquerade mask.
        “Wait! Who's Chat Noir?” I sigh and look at the ball of yarn again. ‘Why not?’ I put the mask on, lay on the bed, and start playing with the yarn ball.

Sapphire’s Perspective

        “Let me out Kara!” I yell through the door.
        “Not a chance Chat Noir. If it makes you feel any better, Chat Blanc is locked up too.”
        “It would make me feel better if I knew who Chat Blanc is.”
        “No worries, they don't know who you are either. Anyways, the guests will be arriving in about an hour. There's a ball of yarn on the bed for you to play with and your mask is on the nightstand. I gotta go, byee!” I sigh and look around. I put on the black masquerade mask I picked out and sit on the floor, hitting the yarn ball back and forth. ‘Well, this will be an eventful hour.’

3rd Person Perspective

        “Is everything ready?” Coleen asks, wearing a Batgirl costume.
        “All set!” Peryn answers, in a Super girl suit.
        “How's Chat Noir doing?” Asks Caroline, in a Poison Ivy outfit.
        “She's fine. Annoyed, but fine.” Leslie, dressed as a lumberjack.
        “And Chat Blanc?” Morrigan, in a toga.
        “I think he's bored.” Lucy, as a cowgirl.
        “Alright. Let's get this party started!” Coleen yells. As if in answer, the doorbell rings. Leslie opens the door and at least ten people come in.
        “Peryn, you're singing until we can let Chat Noir out, I'll be on music, Leslie, special effects.” Caroline says. Just as they get in position, the doorbell rings again. Caroline starts the music and Lucy opens the door. About ten more people come in.
        “Let out Chat Blanc.” Coleen goes to let out Masky.
        “Yo Chat Blanc! You're free to go.” She opens the door to find Masky batting the ball of yarn around the room. She laughs a bit.
        “Hey kitty! We can't let out Chat Noir till you're downstairs.” He looks up and drops the ball of yarn, walking out of the room and downstairs.
        “I'm letting out Chat Noir.” Coleen heads to the other room.
        “Time to go kitty.” She says as she opens the door, finding Sapphire doing the same thing Masky was. She laughs again. Sapphire hears her, drops the ball and walks out of the room.
        “Glad you came back to us Chat Noir.”
        “Will you tell me who Chat Blanc is now?”
        “Nope. You'll have to figure it out by the end of the night, and no taking off your mask to do it.”
        “Fine, fine. I'm heading to the mix table. I am the DJ after all.”