Chapter 13

Sapphire’s Perspective

         I stretch as I wake up and feel my arm hit something gently. ‘What the?’ I look up and find myself in some random guys lap. I jump up and scream, waking him up in the process.
        “Who the hell are you and why the hell are you in my house?!” He looks confused for a second, then panicked. He jumps off the couch and starts digging in Masky’s bag frantically. ‘Wait a minute.’
        “Masky?”
        “Um, yeah. Why am I here?”
        “So you didn't take me home?”
        “No. One minute, I'm laying you down on the couch in the music room and the next I'm waking up to you screaming at me.”
        “Where's your mask?”
        “In my bag. After I put you down, I may or may not have fallen asleep. Now, is there a reason that I might be at your house?”
        “I can think of one. Hang on.” I walk into the kitchen to find a note on the counter. I sigh, grab two bags of chips and the note and sit back down on the couch.
        “Here's something to eat. It seems like my roommates decided it would be a good night for a Halloween party.” I hand him the note. ‘He wasted no time putting his mask on.’
        “I know this address. I could take you there, but not dressed like that.”
        “I've got an outfit. I'll be fine, but what about you?”
        “All I need is this.” He points to his mask.
        “Alright, I'll get changed and we can go.” I show Lucy and Morrigan the note and the picture I didn't let Masky see.
        “Get dressed. We've got some killers to murder.” We put on our killer clothes and join together again. I look at the picture one more time then put it in my back pocket.
        “I'm all set! Show me the address on a map.” He shows me and I hug him.
        “Hold onto me or this will hurt.” He does as I say and I transport us onto the porch. He keeps holding on.
        “You can let go now.”
        “Oh, right.” He lets go and walks to the door.
        “Well, here goes nothing.” He opens the door and we both walk in.
        “Clear off the couch, I'll get the numbskulls.” He nods and we get to work. Lucy, Morrigan, and I split up to get the others. Lucy got Peryn, Morrigan got Leslie, and I grabbed Coleen. Caroline was already on the couch. ‘Good, everyone's here.’
        “What in the underworld were you thinking?!”
        “We were thinking ‘How much fun would it be to mess with your heads?’” Caroline speaks up.
        “Did it work?” Coleen says next.
        “On me, yes, on him, no.”
        “Did you even let him see?” Peryn.
        “No, I didn't. Why would I want him to see that?”
        “Because he loves you.” Leslie.
        “No, he doesn't. He did me a favor and I did him a favor. That was it. End. Of. Story.” Caroline stands up.
        “Masky and DJ Killer, the kitchen please.” Slenderman says. I follow him into the kitchen.