Gudmundr Branson

Name: Gudmundr Branson

Gender: Male

Class: Warlord

Rank: Jarl of the Crows (formerly)

Birthplace: Presumably in Svengard, Valkenheim

Relations:
• Stigandr Branson (younger half-brother)

Affiliation:
• Chimera Alliance
• The Warborn
• Anaximander's group (as of the end of Volume I)
• Crows Clan (formerly)

Status: Alive

Complexion: Light Tan

Hair Color: White

Eye Color: Dark Gray

Personality: Noble, Brash, Leader, Caring

First Appeared: Chapter 24: "It's time...", Volume I

Biography:
For a long time, Svengard became very prosperous. Thanks to Gudmundr Branson, Svengard became the center of trade between clans and foreign merchants, and even almost became the capital of Valkenheim. That is, 'almost'.

Gudmundr is a very capable fighter and leader, which earned him the respect of the other warlords and their clans, even Apollyon herself recognized his prowess. While he leads the Crows Clan, his younger half-brother, whose name is Stigandr Branson joined the rather small clan of the Warborn. Despite that, they remained in contact with each other through visiting each other's clan, which strengthened the relation between the Warborn and the Crows, although arguments remained on who is the favored clan by Odin.

After the failed defense of Svengard, Gudmundr was left distraught by the inevitable chaotic future that will come to his people, before he was bested by a Warden who is part of the Blackstone Legion. He expected to die in front of the burning city hall, but he is instead given a way to restore his people by the same Warden who defeated him, who apparently had a change of heart. Realising that there is no way that he can do it by himself, he turned to his former enemy's suggestion and left a wrecked Svengard a broken man without another trace, essentially faking his own death.

He is now collaborating with people who he knows next to nothing of, all of them from the other territories that he and his people so much resented. So far, they have been successful. But how far can they go?

Trivia:
• Having last names among the Vikings is very rare, if not non-existent. In the fanfiction, only Gudmundr and his half-brother Stigandr have a last name. No other Vikings have their own last names.
• Gudmundr was slain during the battle for Svengard in the original lore. In the fanfic, however, he was spared and is now acting as one of the prominent supporting characters.