Hervis Daubeny

Name: Hervis Daubeny
• Also known as the Lord of Feronia

Gender: Male

Class: Warden

Rank: Commander of the Iron Legion
• Governor of the Darkrose Sanctuary (as of Chapter 24: "It's time...")
• Commander of the remnants of the Regal Legion
• Commander of the Blackstone Legion (formerly)

Birthplace: Ashfeld

Relations:
• Argen Lorderius (friend)
• Amber Lorderius (friend)
• Holden Cross (friend)
• Nevil Hardrada (friend)
• Eric Silverland (former commander, deceased)
• Nevil Hardrada (Current commander, friend)

Affiliation:
• Chimera Alliance
• Lorderian Knights
   - Reformed Iron Legion
• The Blackstone Legion (formerly)

Status: Alive

Complexion: Brown

Hair Color: Blonde

Eye Color: Ocean Blue

Personality: Cowardly (until Volume III), Devoted, Honorable, Loyal, Brave

First Appeared: Chapter 2 (Part I): Warlords and Cowards, Volume I

Biography:
He is the only known remaining commander of the Regal Legion when it fell since Apollyon came with the Blackstone Legion and defeated Lord Eric Silverland. After their defeat, Daubeny and Silverland were inducted to the Blackstone Legion as enforcers, but it is until Daubeny heard of Lord Silverland's death during a defensive mission. With he and his men demoralized due to their leader's death, they had planned to leave the Blackstones for several years while taking those that rightfully belongs to them, and remained safe for almost a year. This did not go unnoticed, of course, and he had no choice but to once again yield to the Blackstones, this time to Holden Cross himself. After the attack on his forces, the men doubted his ability to lead and left to defect back to the Blackstone Legion. With lesser men under his command, he left the fortress and sought refuge in the Sanctuary of the Darkrose Legion, a place where little people know of.

However, For Honor writer Ariadne MacGillivray has revealed that Daubeny is in fact very intelligent and even brave, calculating his moves and making very smart choices. As explained by the writer, Daubeny was one of the few to actually stand up to Apollyon and leave the Blackstone Legion. He would later on use The Warden as his second to purposely have Holden Cross finally leave him alone, leaving the Blackstone Legion to spare his life. He seemed to even have the ability to read Cross's mind and his intelligence ended him up leading the Iron Legion in the events of Volume III as a commander.

Trivia:
• In the original lore, Daubeny was only seen once in the campaign, that is the very first mission.
• His appearance in the arena map in the multiplayer segment of the game is considered to be non-canon in the fanfiction.
• Daubeny’s new residence may be called “Feronia” due to a weekly quest stating that Daubeny’s Ludi takes place in the Arena of Feronia, and the map in which all battles occur is the Ring, where Daubeny is always seen sitting atop a throne just outside the map boundary.