Chapter seventeen

Lucas's POV:

As I'm driving down the road I can't help but think to myself about Sophie. "I can't believe I'm going to see her, or at least I hope I am." I say softly to myself.

All of sudden my phones rings out of no where distracting me from my thoughts.

"Hello?" I say not looking at the caller ID. "Hey man! How's the drive going?" He says. I think for a moment then recognize his voice. "Haha hey Max, the drive is going just fine I'll be there by tonight." I say to Max. "Sweet dude, just calling to check on you and also wanted to say thanks for the date set up last night." I could hear the smirk in his voice I think laughing to myself. "I'm assuming it went good?" I ask. "Better then good it was amazing! We have a lot in common and she's just beautiful." He says sort of daydreamy. I chuckle "I'm glad you guys got along so well, anymore dates in the future?" " Man I hope so, I don't wanna rush it and take it slow." He says happily. "That's great I hope it goes well, I have to go, driving!" I say. "Yeah yeah I'll let you go, drive safe man call me when you get there." He says. I thanked him and hung the phone up.

After a few minutes and sigh softly to myself, slowly going back into deep thought.

What am I going to even say when I see her, hey you were like obsessed with me when we were younger? No that's insane!

I sign again. "Guess I'll need to figure it out before I get there."

Jackson's pov:

That night at the garden. I think about it a lot.

I shouldn't. But I just can't stop thinking about how I almost kissed her.

*flashback*

I lifts her chin so that she's looking at me. "peekôn..." I says softly.

She looks at me with pleading eyes.

I start leaning towards her.

Our lips are an inch from each other.. when all of a sudden...

Her phone rings.

*end of flashback*

I groan and rub my face. "What would of happened if Sophie didn't call right when she did." I sigh softly and pull my phone out.

Him - hey peekôn, I enjoyed your company last night.

Her - me too...I really loved your garden. It was so beautiful

Him - as were you doll. You can come to the garden whenever you please.

"It's been 30 minutes since my last text, maybe she's busy?" I say to myself.

After a while my phone buzzes.

Her - hey...I kind of don't want to be alone tonight, do you want to maybe have a movie night and food?

I hesitate for a moment then answer back.

Him - my my my, are you asking me on a date peekôn?

I laugh to myself. "I really should stop teasing her, she's so shy."

Her - n-no! I just...look do you want to or not!

Him - hmm alright only because I know I just made you blush and yes I'm definitely smirking.

Her- w-well okay then...9pm and don't be late!

Him - I would never keep you waiting kitten.

After sending my last text I smile to myself widely. Maybe work won't be so bad now that I have something to look forward too.