Chapter four

Lily's pov:

I wait in the kitchen for Sophie to get ready so we can go to the mall. As I'm waiting I get up to grab my phone and look at my calendar to see if I have anything I've forgotten.

I look at my calendar and checking to see if anything is coming up. I see in all caps and with balloon emojis that next Friday is Sophies' birthday. "Oh crap! I totally forgot her birthday!!" Which is weird because my birthday is a few days after hers.

I plop down on the couch and think of what to do for her birthday. As I'm thinking Sophie comes down looking a little worried.

"Hey are you okay?" I ask concerned. She snaps out of her daze and looks at me. "Pfft of course I'm fine! Now what are we waiting for! It's mall time!" She says happily.

I look at her outfit and smile. "You looks stylish babe." I say admiring her outfit choice. I've always loved the way she dressed.

"Thanks, I really think this crop top goes with these shorts! The earrings really pull it all together." She says like she knows exactly what she's talking about.

I giggle and grab my keys to my mustang. "Ready to go?" I ask her. "Born ready." She says with a hint of sass. I roll my eyes. (A/N I know what your thinking. A 17 year old with a mustang!? And can drive!? Lily is very mature. Since her mom isn't around, she's basically on her own.)

We got into the car and started it. I turn on the radio and asked "What shall we listen to on the way to the mall?" I ask Sophie. "Give me the aux cord." She says demandingly. "Okay okay," I say laughing and hand it to her.

I start driving as she searches for a song.

"You'll love this." She says while smiling widely. "I hope so!" I say laughing.

After a few seconds Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus starts playing.

"Yaaasssss!!!!" I say giggling and start singing.

I hopped off the plane at LAX
With a dream and my cardigan
Welcome to the land of fame excess,
Whoa, am I gonna fit in?

Jumped in the cab,
Here I am for the first time
Look to my right and I see the Hollywood sign
This is all so crazy
Everybody seems so famous

My tummy's turnin' and I'm feelin' kinda home sick
Too much pressure and I'm nervous,
That's when the taxi man turned on the radio
And the Jay Z song was on

I'm singing at the top of my lungs. Me and Sophie start singing the chorus.

So I put my hands up
They're playing my song,
And the butterflies fly away
Noddin' my head like, yeah
Movin' my hips like, yeah
I got my hands up,
They're playin' my song
You know I'm gonna be okay
Yeah, it's a party in the USA
Yeah it's a party in the USA

We both sang and started laughing.
"Man what a freaking classic!!" I say smiling ear to ear. "Seeeeee I told you you'd love it!" She says with satisfaction. I nodded at her while keeping my eyes on the road.

We soon pull up to mall and park. "We're heerrrreeeee" I say happily. "Yaaayyyy" Sofie cheers.

We both get out the car and walk towards the mall arm in arm.

Sophie's pov:

We get into the mall and I almost squeal when I see Build-A-Bear Workshop. "Omg lils we so have to go to Build-A-Bear!!" I say almost screaming.