24

Stiles, Veronica, Scott, and Kira all arrived at Derek's loft to find it crowded with people. Black lights filled the place with lights and numerous people wore glow in the dark paint. Electronic music blasted through the DJ's speakers. Veronica smiled proudly at the twins' success in throwing a great party.

 "It just showed up there on my key ring this morning," Stiles began to explain to Scott, "I asked my dad if he put it there, but he said he didn't know anything about it."

"It's just a key, right?" Scott asked him as they all made their way through the crowds of people dancing to the loud music.

"Yeah, but it's not mine." Stiles told him with a sigh, "And I don't know how it got there or what it's for."

"You want to leave so we can figure it out?" Scott proposed and Veronica gave him an angry look, knowing she sure as wasn't going to let him leave.

"Uh..." Stiles trailed off as a girl named Caitlin came over and pressed a kiss to Stiles' cheek.

"Happy Halloween." She spoke up happily before walking off.

Scott smiled as he turned to Veronica, who smiled back at him. Stiles watched as Caitlin walked off before he quickly turned to Scott, "It can wait." He decided as he ran after Caitlin.

 From a distance, Veronica noticed Lydia standing all by herself and figured she'd go talk to her, maybe even sort out the giant argument that happened between in biology class that almost left Veronica crying. 

It took a lot to make Veronica cry. She hadn't shed a tear since losing her mother. She didn't even cry after she killed her whole pack. Yet, that day, Lydia only said two hurtful sentences to her that almost left Veronica crying. She had no clue what it was about Lydia, but there was just something about her that made Veronica want her more than anything. She liked her a lot, more than she had ever liked someone ever before.

Veronica sighed as she turned to Scott, leaning toward the alpha's ear as began to speak with him, "I have to go sort some stuff out. Stay here with Kira." Veronica told him and Scott gave her a confused look, "Scott, I know you like Kira. Just talk to her, maybe she feels the same way. Why else would you take the time to help me help her out, huh? I gotta go, bye."

 As Veronica began to walk off, Scott sighed in defeat, "That's the thing, it's not her that I want....it's you." He whispered to himself quietly as he watched Veronica walk up to the lady who was painting people. She pulled off her shirt, revealing herself to be wearing a lacy crop top.

 Scott chuckled to himself before turning to Kira, "Veronica just had to go sort some stuff out. You don't mind hanging out with me a bit, do you?" Scott told Kira.

 "Sure, I don't care it's fine," Kira replied with a smile on her face.

   By the time she was finished getting painted on, Veronica was covered in cool designs. She spotted Lydia still standing in the same spot and began to walk over to her, "Rahh!" Veronica jokingly growled at Lydia, showing her fake red plastic fangs that happened to glow.

 Lydia rolled her eyes unamused by the girl's jokes. Veronica laughed as she stood the plastic fangs out of her mouth, moving closer to Lydia, "I gotta admit, they're not as good as the real ones." Veronica remarked with a smirk, already not getting the reaction she wanted from Lydia.

"Or as Lethal." Lydia retorted with attitude.

 Veronica nodded her head, "Okay, okay. I totally deserve that. I basically deserve everything you say about me. I even deserve to shed a few tears at the insulting things you say to me because, yeah, I used to be a bad person. But tell me, Lydia, can't a person change if they want to? I'm trying to be a better person and not just because I want in the pack, but also because I hated myself when I did those horrible things. I've been helping you guys like crazy to show that I've changed." Veronica gestured her hand around, "I even helped set up this stupid ass party to show that I'm just like you guys, that I can live a human life."

"All this?" Lydia questioned and Veronica nodded, "Sweetheart, if I wanted to go to a rave, I'd get in a time machine and go back to the nineties." Before Lydia walked away, she turned to Veronica once more, "And yeah, I did see you shedding those tears in biology. But listen to me when I tell you, Veronica, you should be shedding a lot more tears than that for all of the crazy shit you pulled on me and my friends."

  Veronica watched as Lydia walked away from her, not caring that every single hurtful word she said to her was breaking the girl's heart more and more, the same heart that heart that everyone close to her thought turned to stone years ago.

 With her eyes glowing red and her fangs, Veronica growled out, all of her emotions being channeled into anger at that moment. Aiden, who was close by noticed this and quickly walked over, "Hey, hey, hey. What the hell happened? What's got you all worked up?" Aiden asked his sister jokingly.

"I should've ended things with her months ago, yet I keep letting her in because of these stupid feelings I have for her!" Veronica complained, "Over and over, I keep letting myself get hurt because of her and how does it end? Oh yeah, she ends up making me cry, which I haven't done since I was like ten years old." Aiden couldn't help but laugh at Veronica's rant about Lydia, "This isn't funny, Aiden! Why are you laughing?"

"Because," Aiden began to respond as he placed his arm around Veronica's shoulder, leading her over to another part of the loft, "You're letting yourself get hurt by some stupid ass girl when there's many other fish in the sea." Aiden looked around, his eyes soon locking on Scott and Kira, "See, what about Scott? He's literally been head over heels for you since the beginning."

 "I don't want Scott! I want her!" Veronica growled at him, her eyes glowing red.

 Aiden was quiet for a moment, trying to think of the best way to help his sister out, "Fine, fine. You know what, Veronica? You need a distraction." Aiden told her eyes as he turned his head to see three girls checking out both him and Veronica. He smirked in satisfaction, "Or distractions."

AN: Poor Veronica. Lydia needs to get her shit together before she loses her forever.