2

The following day at school, Veronica was standing at her locker, looking for her materials for her next class

  The following day at school, Veronica was standing at her locker, looking for her materials for her next class. Just then, Scott walked over to the girl, a smile on his face.

   She turned to him, giving him a confused look, "May I help you?" She asked sassily, asking him the same exact thing to him as she did the day she met him, which was just the day before.

   "I...I was wondering how you're liking Beacon Hills," He replied, stammering a bit as he spoke, "I mean, is it better than you expected or does it totally suck?"

    Veronica smiled at the boy slightly, nodding her head, "It's great, but I haven't actually attended all of my classes yet. I kinda ended up skipping Miss Blake's English and everything that came after that. Thankful for that though, I heard what happened." She explained, only opening up to him to make sure that Scott actually thought she trusted him.

   It was quiet between them for a long moment before Scott spoke up, "So where did you move from, Veronica? If you haven't realized, you and your brothers are the talk of the school, especially amongst my friends."

  Veronica sighed, staying silent, not wanting to give any information to the boy. Finally, she realized wouldn't do any harm and spoke up, "I actually moved from Beverly Hills." She told him and Scott nodded his head in response.

  "Cool, cool, that's cool," He replied before Veronica spoke up.

  "So is there another reason you're talking to me?" She asked Scott, sounding a bit harsher than she meant to be.

"I know this is random and you're probably going to say no, but would you maybe wanna—" Before Scott could finish his sentence just as another boy walked up to them, placing his hands on Scott's shoulders.

"Hey, Scott, whose this pretty lady you're talking to?" The boy that Veronica recognized to be Stiles Stillinski asked curiously.

  "I better go..." Veronica trailed off, slamming her locker shut.

   She sent both boys a smile before she walked off.

    Scott groaned as he glared at Stiles, "What?" He asked, clearly oblivious that Veronica had walked off because of him.

   _________

   Aiden, Veronica, and Ethan all walked together outside of school. Veronica sighed, noticing the look that Scott gave them when he passed by them, "He's catching onto you guys, I can feel it." She commented and Aiden rolled his eyes.

  "Well, not all of us had their scent masked at age thirteen," He retorted with attitude.

  Ethan looked around, making sure that no ears were listening in on their conversation, "Hey, Ronnie?" He spoke up and Veronica turned her head to look at him.

"Yeah?" She replied, giving him a raised brow.

  "I thought you were supposed to go someone close to Scott to get leverage, why are you going after Scott himself?" He asked her curiously and Veronica let out a sigh, staying quiet.

   "I was actually wondering the same exact thing, Ethan. The reason she wasn't there that day with us when chasing after Isaac was to give her a chance to get close to the pack without anyone knowing she was one of us. Yet, today I overheard her with Scott. He was about to ask her and I couldn't help but notice how she was giving him googly eyes." Aiden added in, angering Veronica.

    Veronica scoffed loudly, crossing her arms over her chest, "And that's exactly what I'm doing. The two of you are on the verge of being found out once that beta wakes up from his slumber. I need to somehow get close to Scott before then because he already knows that I'm close to you guys." She explained to them just before she walked off without another word said.

__________

Later on that day in the library, Lydia Martin sat at a table alongside her best friend, Allison Argent. Her eyes were locked on Veronica, who was leaning against a bookshelf as she talked with Aiden and Ethan.  

   "I want one," She remarked as she watched Veronica quickly glance at her and smile.

   Allison looked up from what she was doing when she heard the girl's words. She turned her head to see that Lydia was starting at the trio. She smiled, turning back to face Lydia, "Which one?" She asked her curiously.

"The girl. Obviously." Lydia replied before getting up without Allison noticing.

    Where Veronica was standing with the twins, she smirked when she saw Lydia walking over to her from the corner of her eye, "Told you I always win." She told Aiden, who rolled his eyes.

"I don't get how you've been here not even a full school day and you've already gotten both the Alpha and the redhead wrapped around your little finger," Ethan told her and Veronica quickly gave him a glare.

"I'm pretty sure her hair's strawberry blonde," She corrected the boy before gesturing them both to go away, "Shoo."

   Both boys sighed, rolling their eyes as they walked away from the girl who was like a sister to them. Lydia then walked up to Veronica, a smile on her face, "Hey, you're new, right?" Lydia asked her curiously.

  "Yes, I actually am. Is it that noticeable?" Veronica replied, sending her back a smile.

   "No, it's just-I think I would actually remember someone as beautiful as you going to my school." Lydia flirted as she held out her hand for Veronica to shake, "Lydia Martin, and you are?"

   "Veronica Morgan,"  Veronica answered, shaking the girl's hand.

   "Pretty name for a pretty girl," Lydia commented as her eyes trailed down to Veronica's handbag, "Is that an Hermes?"

  Veronica glanced down at what the girl was looking at before nodding, "Yeah, it actually is. I got it last year. Why?" She explained to her, ending it with a question.

   "Oh, it's nothing. It's just...those handbags go for thousands of dollars, you must be freaking rich." Lydia replied before it became awkwardly silent between them,"Hey, this may seem very straightforward but can I maybe get your number?"

     Veronica chuckled as she took out her phone and handed it to Lydia, who was quick to grab it, "Sure, go ahead." Veronica gladly agreed with agreed.

   She waited patiently a Lydia put in her phone number. Once she was done, Lydia handed Veronica back her phone. Lydia smiled at the latina girl, "I better get going, but expect a text from me very soon." She said to Veronica before walking back over to her friend Allison.

    Aiden and Ethan then made their way back toward Veronica, who still had a smile on her face, "Don't you guys think it's sad that I can get more guys and girls than what both of you get combined?" She laughed at them.