Chapter 37

Rose and I stood against a wall as a train came in from west. The doors opened and all the passengers flooded the room and left until it was once again empty. My adopted dad and mom came out with their luggage and I smiled. I gave my mom a hug and took her bag and did the same with my dad.

"I think you can see our issue."

"Yeah we can. For now, get us home and let's fix it. We can get it done in 40 minutes." Mom said picking back up another bag

"40 minutes?!? Alice said the cure would take another 24 hours." Rose said shocked.

I turned behind me and said calmly, "Who do you think these guys are? If they say they can do something, don't question it. They're the greatest engineers in magic/science and managed to raise me. Wait for a miracle."

I took everyone and transported back to the building. Security guys took my parents' bags and Alice came from the office to say hello with a huge hug. Joey came in as well and then Mom took charge of a Magic department and Dad took over the Science department.

"Maxwell, take Rose to where the rest of my team is and give them whatever they need that i'd approve of. Shani and Aniki are in charge and my parents will deal with most of the issues that arise. If any huge ones need more attention, text my phone. Alice is going to bed right now. Okay?" I said to a guy I knew from a long period of time ago. He nodded and took all I said into a notepad of as I commanded.

"No. We still need to-"

"Ah ah ah. They are going to handle anything your little red head is thinking of. You're gong to sleep right now."

"Fine. Will you stay with me though?"

"You're wish is my command." I stared and pushed her from behind to the room next to he office while everyone waved. Joey and Rose moved to another Elevator and waved bye to her with a smile when she turned around worried looking.

Alice's room was her favorite color:Red. There were little stars we made together and toy sets Joey brought over to play with when he did come and drawings that I drew for Alice. I refused to let her put a desk in here so she wasn't tempted to do work in here but she did have a nightstand, a table and rugged floor which was nostalgically comfortable.

I took off my converse's and batman hoodie and walked a fee steps in. Just to be sure, I sound-proofed the place so only an explosion rumbling could get through.

As a reader you could've inferred that I really cared for this girl more than any other mind would think. Her bed was nice, elevated and comfy, so I guided her to the bed while taking off hers use 7 nikes from her feet.

"Rest kid, We can't have you passing out on us during crucial times rather than now when we're working on it."

"Alright you win Marcus. Just don't let me over sleep." she said in a tired voice as she began to lay down. "Wait. come here."

She was holding up her sheets for me to come in.

"Come on, we haven't done this since we were kids. You're a big girl now. I'm not sleeping in your bed with you." I said but unfortunately my argument was shot down when she grabbed my shirt and pulled me and said,

"Shut up and get in the bed. Either you do or I don't"

"Fine, Fine."

I took off my shoes and went under them. She scootch over and we both had our heads on her pillow as we talked alittle bit.

"You really should hang out with me more often. I get lonely too you know."

"I promise that everyday after school on Monday to Thursday and Saturday, i'll be here with you guys."

"Why not Friday and Sunday?"

"Cause that's when we really hang out. I hear there's a thing called outside and my hover board loves to say hi to the night sky. Oh and there's a place called my house, you know."

"Alright, I get it Marky. at least you're confident that you can fight and come back home."

"I'll tell you like I told everyone else. I don't plan on dying any day or disappearing or anything. You guys can count on me you know."

"It's not that we don't believe in you but it's the complete opposite. We know that you'll take on everything if you have to and sometimes not even let us come along which sucks."

"Well at least you know that when you close your eyes right now, you'll now that when you open them, I'll be right here possible sleeping too. Good night kid."

I said and she closed her eyes. She looked so less anxious and calm when she was just laying next to me..