Fighter

I loved my apartment. Full on loved it. From the little houseplants to the light wooden floors, but then  Potter went and made me an offer. A wonderfully brilliant offer that only Potter could think of. The chance to live right beside her.

She'd come up to me the other day to catch up when she just blurted out that there was plenty of room for Jerome and me. There was plenty of room for a house of our own. The only problem was Jerome. He would never, in a million years, agree to live beside his brother, much less on Jeremiah's property. It was the worst sort of predicament anyone could ever find themselves in, which was exactly how I found myself in it.

"Come on Jerome. I don't even understand why you've got a problem with it. I mean it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to be right next door to your brother." I placed my hands on my hips and gave him a pleading look. He could almost never resist my big brown eyes, he'd said once that they were his favorite part of me.

"Don't you look at me like that. You wanna live next to those two? The girl who is fifteen different moods in a day and my brother who might blow us up?" He was flailing his hands about in the way he did when he was getting trigger happy.

"Well it took a lot for Potter to even offer. Besides you've been known to blow people up, and turn people insane," I said with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, but when I do it, it's funny. When they're doing it they get all serious." He pulled a fake boring face as if trying to convince me of what he was saying. "Everything I do is for the hilarious chaos of it. He does it to actually create something." He spit 'create' out of his mouth like it was acid.

"Maybe you could be an influence on him if we saw them more?" I posed my thought as if it were a question and then made my way to wrap my arms around his abdomen. "Besides it'd be easier to organize all of our stunts if we were side by side."

"Yeah..." He drug out the word to buy him time to come up with some excuse.

"Don't you even try to dispute this. Just let me have this one, I miss my sister and you need to get close with your brother," I said, giving him a soft smile before gently pressing my lips to his.

"Fine, but if he gets all boring I'm gonna burn the whole place down," he mumbled into my lips.

"You do that and you'll have to deal with the wrath of Potter."

"I've dealt with the wrath of Alaska, and I've been stabbed in the neck, then shot. I think I can handle your sister." He grinned like the psycho he was and let out that  adorable, childish laugh.

"Uh huh, you say that now, but I've seen you run and duck under the table when she says shes coming over..." I gave him a smirk and pulled from his arms.

"You're gonna regret that gorgeous." I took a few more steps away from him and his smile widened even more.

"Sure I will Ginger." In a blur I took off and he went chasing me through our apartment. Up the stairs and back down, around the kitchen and through the halls. It was a moment of pure bliss, our laughs mingling together and the frustrated huffs he let out when he realized I was faster than him.

•*•*•*•    

Jerome did end up catching me after he'd started to get a little too worked up, and we fooled around until my phone went off. He looked over at me with the messy head of ginger hair that I adored, and the look that basically sentenced whoever was calling us to death. A quick look at my phone told me it was his slightly altered look-a-like.

"Yes, Jeremiah?" The exasperation could be heard clear through the phone. I was in no mood to be interrupted, yet here this insanely smart idiot was interrupting Jerome and me.