The Kings and Queens

Jerome and Jeremiah had initially planned to keep my sister and I out of the spotlight, but then decided against it. At first they thought that it'd ruin our lives if we were publicly part of their criminal activities, but after some convincing they invited us to their debut.

They were planning to take a page out of Jerome's book and make a video declaring themselves Gotham royalty; with us as their queens.

Jeremiah had gone out to steal the equipment while Jerome gave Potter and I pointers.

"Now doll I know you're not great when it comes to this sorta thing but we're gonna need ya to give a lil speech. You too Potter." He was staring intently before going over to the television to show us his old "performances" as reference.

"You see that charisma, that stage presence-"

"That ego." Potter cut in.

"That narcissism." I finished for her.

"You two are just jealous that ya don't got all this," he said gesturing to his body.

"I actually get it all the time." I laughed at him.

"And I get basically the same thing." Potter said unamused but then gave me a high five.

"Whatever, just let me and brother dear take the reins and when we point y'all take the show." He talked like we were children and I wasn't having it.

I grabbed him by his overly decorated tie -it was a blood red color that had "hahaha" written on it in white and black- and pulled him close to me, "listen here Joker, I love you but don't think cause you're all psycho that I can't be too. You might delight in the screams of pain but have you ever heard your own?"

"You going crazy turns me on. Maybe Potter should leave?" He looked between my lips and eyes before leaning in.

"No sir," I pulled away from him, "you don't get this until after our performance."

"You sure?" He asked with a hopeful, dark, smile.

"Uh-huh she is, come on now I think Jeremiah's ready for us," Potter said as she stood up to leave.

•*•*•*•

"Hello Gotham. I am Jeremiah Valeska and I would like to-" Jeremiah was cut off by his brother.

"Boring," he drawled our, "Now, ya already know who I am and he is, but who ya don't know is our beautiful queens, but we'll get ta that." He started strutting around in front of the camera.

"I would like to starts this little broadcast with one simple announcement. This is not to inspire fear, well maybe just a little, but that's not our main point. This is to say-"

"Jerome you're taking way too long," Potter said cutting him off causing him to fill with anger. "What that bozo is trynna tell all you bitches is that we run this show now. Not the cops, not the officials us. So scream cry-whatever but that's what's happening. Now, without further fun - aka me being entertaining as hell- here is my sister Laskie."

"Hiya Gotham. You all remember me from that dick Dwight thinking he ran the place, but he's gone so goody. I want you all to remember what I'm about to say, because one day when you're needing an out this will give you one." I cleared my throat casting a glance at Jerome who looked confused as hell but happy to see me in the spotlight.

"Tread carefully the fragile line of sanity, for it is delicate and beautiful, but not the correct way for all who endeavor." I jumped up onto the desk behind me.

"For some brave souls there's a loophole, we call this insanity. Reckless and all the better, it's for those who respect the careful art of the careless." I motioned for Potter and the boys to stand around me.

"Join us, won't you, in our beautiful chaos." And then the camera cut off and the boys were left shell-shocked.

"Well Potter that was quite the little camera steal ya did." Jerome got closer to my twin, "I'm gonna have to get you back for that."

"Oh you boring dud, you couldn't get a bunny back for crossing you." She lifted a hand to pay his cheek then gave it a playful slap earning a snarl from him.

"Alaska," Jeremiah addressed me and noticed I was shaking from my performance, "how are you? That was a brilliant speech, made Jerome's old ones seem mild. You can get rather ominous when you try."

Jerome walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me from behind, laying his head in the space between my shoulder and head. "She has a tendency to get scary. It's brilliant," he said to the whole room, then whispered to only me, "You did great. Please stop shaking, nobody is judging your performance we all loved it. It blew me away, what you and your sister can do when we leave you to your own devices."

I chuckled a bit, "don't let Potter know she impressed you. She'll never let it go."

"But did you see the way she just took the stage, Alaska I think I found a best friend. Tell your sister to play with me." I sent him a look to which he laughed.

"Not like that! I think we'd have some real fun in Gotham while you and Jeremiah tinker with bombs and other toys."

"What are you getting at?"

"I know you're more into the behind the scenes stuff like Jeremiah. You still can come out to play when we do this sort of stuff, cause you're damn good at it too, but Potter and I can handle it. Maybe she'll warm up to me." I just smiled at him in answer. It was true that I didn't really like the spotlight, Potter had always been so much better with people than me. She had charisma and pizazz to rival Jerome, meanwhile I loved machines. I wanted to be with Jerome every step, but I knew I'd be better suited doing what I loved.

"I'll make you the biggest bomb in the world," I finally told him. "The toys Jeremiah and I make will go down in history." His soft creepy smile stretched into a sadistic grin.

"I love you," was all he got out before we were full on making out, oblivious to our twins.

"Get a damn room you animals," Potter called out causing us to break apart to laugh.

"We've got one, but it's so far. I don't think I can make it that long." Jerome said as he lifted me up to sit around his waist, placing another kiss on the hallow of my neck.

"The Kings and Queens Of Gotham are here, and here to stay. Now..." Potter paused for the dramatic flare she lives for, "drinks!" She yelled extending her hands and running out the door of the basement we had filmed in.

•*•*•*•