Oh Baby! Maybe?

"Jerome..." I whisper into my Ginger's ear. "Jerome love get up."

I begin to get impatient, so in a split-second decision I straddle him and hold the switchblade he got me to his throat. His eyes stay closed but I notice he's woken up.

"Well, I like this very much, but Laskie, how many times do I need to tell ya," he flipped us around-grabbing the knife in the process- so the roles were reversed, "don't start something ya can't finish."

He traced the light scar, caused by Dwight, with the blade. The sound he made was strangely animal, no doubt brought on by the memory of the man that had been 'Jerome'. My breathing slowed a bit, even though I knew he wouldn't hurt me. I let out a little laugh and grabbed the knife before reaching up to kiss my maniac. He, in turn, leaned down to brush his lips against my scar.

"If it involves you, I can finish anything." I sent him a wink before walking down to the kitchen to start breakfast. I heard him running down the stairs to catch up to me and smiled a little to myself.

I poured us both a bowl of cereal and felt his arms snake around my waist. He looked at the spoonful I was raising to my mouth and ate it himself.

"Why you son of a-"

"My Queen should not be using foul language." He cut me off.

"Biscuit." I finished with a smirk.

"How did you know!" He exclaimed placing a hand over his chest mockingly, feigning surprise. "After all these years the truth is out, I'm the son of a biscuit."

We both laughed and then devoured our breakfast. The food didn't settle well though, and I found myself running to the bathroom to make an unpleasant deposit.

"Hey gorgeous," Jerome knocked on the door of the bathroom, "How ya holding up?"

I washed my hands then rinsed my mouth out. "Oh I'm wonderful. That would be why I threw up."

"Just askin'. Say you okay? Is it somethin I did?" His genuine concern had me feeling quite loved. It was then that I realized this had been the first either of us had been sick while together.

"No J it's nothing you did, probably just a bug." I patted his shoulder and went to call Potter.

•*•*•*•
I dialed my sister's number but thanks to her never answering I had to leave a voicemail.

"Hey Potty Head it's me. I was just calling to ask a question about something but it's fine. Umm...either call me back or I'll just see you tomorrow for the party." I shut the phone and went to the kitchen to get a snack.

Jerome was leaning against the refrigerator - no doubt waiting for me - and when he saw me enter, he pushed off and came to grab me in a hug.

Since we'd confessed our love he was always touching me. If he didn't have his arm around my waist then his hand was in mine. I didn't mind too terribly much, especially when I was cold. Despite what people may think Jerome is incredibly warm; whenever I'm extra cold I'll just pull him close and steal all his body heat. He'll just laugh when I grab for him, but always makes sure I'm warm.

"Babe, you're freezing ya know." He pulled away slightly and looked down at me. I was super cold in just the oversized t-shirt, but I didn't feel like putting on pants.

"Then get over here Ginger." I wiggled closer to him and buried my face in his chest. I heard his laugh, that sweetly psychotic laugh he did whenever amused. "Don't you laugh at me ya lil psycho."

"You're the only one that can call me that doll face," he purred into my ear, slightly nipping at it, causing me to let out a gasp.

"Uh huh-well let me tell ya something Joker...I'm a lil psycho too." I looked up to him and caught his bottom lip with my teeth pulling slightly before kissing him. After that we made out - nearly going all the way before I had to run to the bathroom with my nausea again.