Let's Go Psycho

"Hey Ginger what're ya working on?" I asked Jerome as I walked in on him with a jack in the box of sorts.

"Oh nothing, just a little tinkering to waste time. Say, don't cha have to go meet Potter?" I got a little wary at him trying to rush me away.

"I mean yeah, but why ya so keen for me to leave?" I asked a little hurt.

"Oh I'm not babe, but I just know what your sister means to ya," he said gently rubbing my arms.

I pulled on the sleeve of the dark green sweater dress that went down to just above my knee. I had paired it with tall, black, over-the-knee boots which obviously had Jerome looking.

"Ya know on second thought," he looked down to the sliver of skin visible between the boots and the sweater, "You could skip the lunch and we could fool around." He ran a finger against that visible skin.

"No sir, I'm a respectable woman, you can look but not touch." I kissed his cheek before strutting to the door.

"I hope that's what you tell all the other guys," he called to my back. Then in an almost whisper added, "But if they're looking I'll kill em." His not so empty threat had me laughing down the hallway.

•*•*•*•

I made my way to the tiny coffee house that Jerome and I had once went out to almost two years ago. That got me thinking, we'd been together for a while now, like start planning your future a while. The thought scared me a bit, to the point I was feeling nauseous as I walked in and saw Potter sitting at our usual table.

"Alaska! Hey love I feel like I haven't seen you in ages. Except when our boyfriends are trying to kill each other." She said rather loudly with a laugh, drawing a few stares.

"Potter, babes, your volume is up here," I made a hand gesture to show her, "and ya need to take it to here."

"Oh, yeah we're in public." She blushed and then sat with a smile.

"So, what're ya thinking for our boys? I know what ever we do it'll likely end in bloodshed but..." I trailed off hoping she'd jump in with an idea.

"Well I was just thinking of having a get together over at the apartment. We'd have various forms of entertainment and invite their closest friends." She said with a hopeful glint in her eyes barely containing her excitement.

"I agree with everything up until the friends part. From what I've heard Jeremiah doesn't have friends apart from you and Ecco," she nodded her head, "and to be honest Jerome's friends scare the hell outta me. I've never met them, but from what I've heard they're nearly as bad as him."

"Well maybe we'll just have a small get together with us, them, and Ecco."

"Sounds good. Maybe I'll ask Jerome if he's got a moderately behaved friend from in Arkham so he doesn't feel alone." I said, thinking of my Ginger at his own party with no friends.

"Okay, now that's all planned let's catch up!"

"Well, personally Jer and I are brilliant. We're getting in a lot of exercise-"

"Ew Alaska, I don't need those kind of details." She cut me off crinkling her nose.

"Oh shut up Potty Head not like you and Jerry ain't been hoping around like rabbits," I said with a loud laugh.

"No comment." She picked up her tea and took a long sip. "What about work? You still keeping busy?"

"Yeah, but that Xander Wilde I told you about a while back is still getting the best jobs." I rolled my eyes at the mere thought of my competition.