Cheerleaders and Meetings

"Hey Alaska, fancy seeing you here," My twin called as I walked out of my room after a short period of sleep.

"I could say the same. I feel like we hardly see each other anymore," I say with a yawn before pouring a large cup of coffee.

"Wow there baby sis, don't need you going into a caffeine coma before we even get to catch up." She grabbed the coffee that had been loaded down with my sugary creamer.

"Shut up Potty Totie, I'm freaking exhausted," I tell her as I walk over to the couch with her following me.

"Could it be because you were doing something you shouldn't have last night?" She asked with a raised brow.

"What-no I just went out on a date and then he walked me home, Nothing else," and it was after I said this that I realized she'd caught me.

"So you are still seeing that psycho. Alaska, you're dating an Arkham escapee. Do you even know how dangerous that is?" She looked at me with worry in her eyes, and I couldn't blame her.

"Look, I know what I'm doing, and I'm happy. I know he isn't the best kind of guy, but I fell for him long before he was insane and aren't we all a little insane?" I look to her with my pleading eyes that she could never resist.

"Fine, I'll condone this relationship." I went to give her a suffocating hug but she raised a finger, "But, if he hurts you Alaska in any way I'll make all of his crimes look like child's play." Her deadly calm voice made it so that I believed every word, but I didn't care because my sister somewhat approved of my relationship.

"Now, give me details. I want to know all about the date he took you on last night. I also want to know about what so didn't happen during part two of the date." She looked at her nails before blowing mocking at them, and giving me the arched brow that we had both perfected.

"Nothing happened you little perv. Besides, why would I tell you about my date when I haven't heard barely anything about the guy you've been spending your nights with." I hit her with a pillow, causing us to both erupt into a fit of laughter.

  •*•*•*•

Potter left shortly after our conversation, probably to go see Jeremiah or something like that. I had made a firm decision to not watch the news until Jerome was finished with his stunts, but I felt like his stunts would never cease. That being said, I was utterly bored and not really in a reading mood. I thought to some other possibilities for entertainment, but came up empty, Potter and I had both graduated high school early and then I proceeded to get my college degree as an English and Engineering major, also pretty early. I had decided to be a double major because nothing was really holding me back, especially since we were basically loaded.

So now I was faced with my problem, absolute boredom with nothing to entertain me. I could always call and see if there were any small engineering jobs, particularly in the architecture field, but some guy named Xander Wilde always got those jobs first. There isn't really much open for freelance architects, or English majors. Although I am currently working on a couple of articles for a blog, so I could always finish those, but who knows.

I finally decide to do the girly thing and paint my nails. I know I should do some happy color but instead I reach for the black, which is a pretty great shade not color. I'm halfway done with my toes when I hear a knock that didn't come from the door. I wasn't particularly worried because my almost boyfriend had a tendency to climb up the fire escape so I just assumed it was him.

Standing up, I made my way to the window that led out onto the escape, but instead of my guy there I was met with a dark haired woman dressed in all black.