Chapter Seventeen

-Sans' P.O.V-

Ugh... My head...

... Where am I?

As I looked around, I saw that I was back in the room that I was staying in at (y/n)'s home.

... Was the experiment... All a dream? Is Papyrus safe, or in danger?!

... And where is (y/n)?!

Getting out of bed, I headed downstairs, to see Papyrus and (y/n) playfully arguing about something.

"You seriously eat spaghetti for all three meals?! That's seriously unhealthy!"

"AND YOU'RE SAYING YOUR PROCESSED FOOD IS ANY BETTER?"

(y/n) was silent for a moment, before responding.

"At least I have variety in my meals!"

Deciding that this playful fight should probably end now, I stepped out into the open.

"Alright you two, let's stop this fighting."

Both (y/n) and Papyrus turned to me.

"How long have you been there?" (y/n) questioned.

"Just for a minute or two."

(y/n) sighed in relief. Wonder why...

"ANYWAY, WHO'S READY FOR SPAGHETTI FOR BREAKFAST?"Papyrus questioned.

"Thanks, but no thanks." (y/n) said, before grabbing her (Food), and heading to the table.

"SANS?"

"No thanks, not hungry."

"OH. OKAY."

Papyrus and I joined (y/n) at the table.

"Glad to see you're back to normal, Sans." (y/n) said with a smile.

... So, the experiment wasn't just a dream...?

"How was I different?" I questioned.

"You were an obedient little puppy to Clairissa. But don't worry, you're back to normal now." (y/n) explained.

"Oh. Okay."

... This means that (y/n) had to come after me... I didn't know she was so brave... Guess that's another thing I can add to the list of things I love about (y/n).

... I guess the most pressing question is how do I tell her?

I'm a skeleton, so how could she even accept a love confession from me?

... Sigh... Why must love be so confusing...?

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

After we had finished our breakfast, I heard a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it." I said, before heading to the front door.

To my surprise, when I opened the door, I saw my father in front of me.

... Why's he here?!

"D-Dad!?" I chocked out.

Sans and Papyrus were soon by my side, weapons in hand.

Dad looked slightly shocked, and stepped back a step.

"Relax. I'm not here to harm you."

This statement shocked me.

"Then why are you here?" I questioned.

"... To apologize.."

Mom soon joined my father's side, after exiting a nearby car.

"His intentions are pure. After we talked some things out, and I beat some sense into him, he finally realized his mistakes. He's issued a divorce and remarriage, as well as closing his case on his field of work." Mother explained.

... This is... Incredible...

"I know the scars may still be fresh, but I want to try to heal each one, bit by bit. And I'm willing to wait as long as you need." Dad said with a smile.

Tears slowly started to fall down my face, as I realized things were finally starting to get better.

Our family's returning to a peaceful state... And now I have an awesome friend in Sans (and possibly Papyrus)... And yeah... Life's good.

I then hugged my dad, and my mom joined in on our first family hug in a long, long time.

"Want to go do (activity)?" I inquired.

Dad smiled.

"Sure."

Dad and I then left in the limo to do the activity.

... I can't wait to spend some time with my dad!

-Sans' P.O.V-

After (y/n) and her dad left, Mrs. (y/l/n) asked to talk to me alone.

"So... You know how my husband worked with the mind, and how he's high up in the science field, right?"

I nodded.

"Well... One thing they've just finished working on is a machine that turns monsters into humans."

Wait... Is that really true? Could I become human...?

"Now, I don't mean to embarrass you, but I know you like (y/n). Now, I'm sure (y/n) would love you as a skeleton, but if you want to... You know... Turn human... My husband can make that happen. I'm not going to force you, but... Just think about it, okay?"

"I already have my answer, Mrs. (y/l/n)."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"... I want to become a human..."