MARCO POLO - True Gold - JINGIM

                                                                             Zethu Dlomo as Isha

                                                                             Zethu Dlomo as Isha

Isha was raised to rule and it didn't take her long to surpass her father as a military strategist. He allowed her to fight his battles and travel, representing him and their people and gaining experience. Eventually she finds a superior enemy, and what's possibly the first mistake in her life costs her her family. A foreigner called Yusuf finds her at her lowest and becomes her surrogate family, and the support system she needs when she ascends as leader.

After years of peace where Isha was perpetually both comfortable with the happiness among her people and uncomfortable with how all she ever had to do was fight off small groups of invaders on occasion, she hears the news of Yusuf's death. Whether she's looking for a fight or paying the debt she owes to him, Isha takes a handful of her most trusted people with her to Kublai Khan's court. Officially, she comes to honor Yusuf and take his body, and unofficially, to get to the truth which she believes she already knows: Yusuf's blood is on Kublai Khan's hands. 

Although the ruling family recognizes her as the threat she is, they're extremely interested in her as a ally as well. Isha's offered a role to counsel Kublai Khan, which the prince convinces her to accept. She grows to respect prince Jingim's words very much -- more than most -- after one talk with him makes her realize she blames herself for not being present to prevent Yusuf's death and another persuades her to honor Yusuf by allying with those he did. But it's not long before his other counsel, both Ahmed and Jingim, see her as their competition. While Jingim's father continually overlooks him, Kublai Khan quickly turns to Isha resulting in both Isha and  Jingim leading his attacks, and meanwhile, learning more and more about each other.

LITTLE EXTRA: So Isha's home -- I was feeling she'd be Sotho but if you come up with a good                                         alternative, then lmk 

                                And it's difficult b/c the story's across 2 continents, or 3, if you count Marco Polo,                                  the worst character in Marco Polo, so whether she loses her people, moves her                                      people, Jingim abandons his legacy, they just travel back and forth, etc, don't                                        ignore that whole other part of the story even if it's mostly based in Mongolia

                               And for Isha and Jingim, they could work after Kokachin or his mother could just                                 not push Kokachin on him, what I'm saying is they'd work at whichever pacing