"Thank you," I whisper and I get a kiss on the crown of head in return.

Bryson brings us to our room and sets me on the bed, brushing my hair away from my face. I sit in silence and look at my hands in my lap. I can't look at Bryson as he kneels in front of me. I breath in his scent though and it comforts me slightly.

"Everett, what happened?" He asks.

"This girl came up to me when I went to get a drink and was saying that she wanted me to leave. She said that she comforted you, pleasured you and that I was nothing to you. Is it true? I ask, staring into his eyes. I need to know if Bryson was with this girl when I was gone. I need to know if I need to be worried that this girl will come between us.

"I can't believe you are asking me that? I would never be with another women when I have a mate. I loved you then and I love you now. I would never love another women when I have you," he whispers the last part. Bryson's eyes are full of tears.

Tears fall from my own eyes, as I take in the pained look that now over comes his face. "I love you." I jump into his arms and smash my lips to his. Guilt overwhelmed me. How could I ever think that Bryson loved another girl? I am Bryson's mate and I am the one he loves. We were made for each other and we will be together forever. No matter what happens.

>>><><<<

"You don't need to feel guilty about feeling the way you do." Bryson says and holds me close. We sitting against the head board of his bed. I can't bring myself to not feel guilty when the look of hurt in Bryson's eyes keeps flashing in my mind. "I know you haven't got to experience any of this during your time away." Bryson tries to not directly say during my time at the Blood Moon Pack. I know he is trying to keep the pain at a distance and I really appreciate that he tries so hard.

"I'm sorry for being so troublesome to you." I whisper.

Bryson moves so he is in front of me and lifts my chin up so that I am looking into his eyes. "You are not troublesome at all. I love you. Right now you are delicate and need to be handled with care, and I know that. Everyone in this pack knows that. We are all trying to make your journey back to being healthy as comfortable as possible."

Tears for the thousandth time today it seems escape my eyes and Bryson wipes them away with the pads of his thumb. His fingers are warm against my cool skin and I close my eyes. "I love you so much. You're my heart, my soul mate. I could never ask for a better mate then you."

"I love you too, my mate." Bryson whispers and kisses me gently.

A knock on the door breaks our kiss and Bryson moves to open the door. Logan stands there, two plates in his hands. Logan walks in and kisses my forehead after placing the food down beside me.

"Hey, you brought us food. What a good Beta you are." Bryson teases Logan and rubs his fist in his hair.

Logan pushes Bryson off of him with a sarcastic whatever and sits on the side of the bed. Bryson takes on of the plates, which I see has steak, fries, and a salad on it, and cuts of the steak in little pieces before stabbing a piece and holding it up for me to eat.

"I can feed myself." I grumble but take the bite of steak anyways.

"I know, but I want to feed you." Bryson says and offers me a fry.

We sit in silence with Bryson feeding me and occasionally taking his own bites of food from his plate. After a couple more pieces of steak, a handful of fries, and a couple forkfuls of salad I am full and tell Bryson to eat the rest.

"Are you alright, Everett?" Logan asks, concerned. I feel bad for making him worry.

"I'm alright Logan. You don't need to worry about me. Some of the things that girl said just brought back memories and then I got overwhelmed." I smile at Logan reassuringly.

I don't plan to tell him the extent of what that girl said because that would make both him and Bryson angry and I don't want to upset them any more then they already are.

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|

Oh my gosh, guys we are almost at 3000 reads. I can't believe this. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. During one week in August I will likely not update so here is a warning way in advance. 

I'll see you all in the next chapter. 

|Chapter Goals and Questions|

Number of Reads: 3K

Number of Votes: 140 votes

Do you see the similarities in this chapter between My Alpha Bryson and this story?