39. HALF THE TRUTH?

Start from the beginning

"What did you do?" Jane whispered from beside me and I shrugged.

Well, its better than sitting in that boring class.

After all, I like Lindsey a lot and her company is always awesome.

₩₩₩

I knocked on the door however the secretary told me to just enter because Lindsey is expecting me.

So, I opened the door after giving her head ups that I am entering and closed it after me.

To my surprise, I was greeted with a boarded strong back with black short hair instead of a petite redheaded woman.

Fucking Jason!

"What are you doing here? Where is Lindsey?"

He turned to face me with a dashing smirk taking large steps towards me that he now was so close and I can feel his breath fanning my face.

"I am the one who called you." He said lowly still smirking that damn attractive smirk.

He is using her being his gang leader to his account, and he is obviously enjoying that authority.

"Then I am out of here!" I started turning around to open the door when he grabbed my hand locking the door then pushed my body with his making my back slam to the door.

"Geez Jason! Are you fucking stupid the secretary is out there!" I whisper yelled at him.

"I don't care and she knows very well to mind her own business."

"Ok, can I leave now?" I glared.

"No! I want to explain myself to you."

"Explain what exactly?"

"Why I did that to you. Why I broke your heart pushing you away."

Did I hear right?

He is going to tell me?

Like for true?

"You are not lying as always right?" I asked warily and to my surprise, he shook his head.

"No. I am serious. I can't have you hating me anymore."

"Ok then spill." Of course, I won't slip that opportunity away from me.

"For starters, I am sorry about yesterday. I just love you and I am worrIed that bastard would hurt you next time but I know its not my place to say that when I hurt you myself. So, I will just watch and protect you there." He said his eyes pleading and I nodded. "So about why I did it.." he paused and took a deep breath while I was standing here on the edge waiting for his next words." Actually, I was in that gang before we entered high school. So the boys were already my friends but we never associated or talked in the school to not grab attention to me and because I didn't want you to know that I was working with them. But in our first year at high school I have been receiving threats from rivals and anonymous who were threatening your life and they sent me pictures of your every move also one time when you were at the school's parking lot waiting for me there was a man behind you who was hiding in the bushes holding a gun pointing at you ,so that was the last threat when I knew I can't stay around you anymore and I couldn't risk your life so I pushed you away humiliating you to make you hate me and the boys helped me with that knowing how much I love you and how much your life is at risk because of me. They never approved on my plan in the first place but eventually, they helped me knowing that it was no other way than that."

"Then why the sudden change? Isn't there any more threats?" I asked studying him cautiously.

He shook his head." No there isn't." He lied. "We already got rid of them after tracking them and that's why I wanted to mend our relationship and my friends never hated you, in fact, they always admired you due to your braveness and honesty and how you made me fall hard for you without you noticing." He said while taking a strand of my hair playing with it in his fingers. "So, will you, Mia, forgive me and let me show you how much I love you?"

He is still hiding something.

I mean everything he said made sense and in fact that made me love him more that he was worried about my life.

I know what he said wasn't a lie because he didn't rub his nose nor shifted his gaze but I know that there is still more which he can't tell me.

And I always remembered him saying that it will break my heart knowing the truth.

So, it has to be something bigger.

"Will you forgive me, Mia?" He asked lowly waiting eagerly for my response.

Should I?

I mean I know I love him, in fact, I didn't stop.

But there is still more to the story.

At the same time, he stopped hiding and revealed half the truth.

"Mia?" He asked worry in his eyes roamed with sadness.

Should I forgive him?

Should I somehow be myself again around him?

I mean he surely has a big impact on my behavior and mood.

But is that the best decision.. to forgive him?