3. OLD FRIENDS

"Hi, Mia!".

"Hey Jason, come in." I closed the house door after letting him in.

"So the other two couldn't make it due to a project they have to prepare for." I explained." shall we start our movie night now?"

"Yeah, let's begin." Jason answered calmly, it felt as he is nervous and his eyes reflect so much guilt in them. I don't know why but I am sure of what I am seeing. Jason has been one of my best friends since we were three so it is so easy for me to read him. But I know that at the end he will come and tell me what's on his mind. He always does.

We kept eating snacks, playing games, doing some challenges and watching movies. We also kept talking for a while about anything and everything or even better. It was like every night with Jason my best friend that I trust with my whole heart.

₩₩₩

That was the last good memory with Jason before everything turned upside down the next day, making me wish to die as he kept stabbing me daily and twisting the knife within my heart for whole two months until I got fed up and left.

But all of that was in the past.

After we brought our food, we were standing at the front doors of the cafeteria searching for a free table with our eyes.

While we were standing Jason and his minions came and they hit our shoulders while passing by us and let me tell you the guy that I hit looks awful. He has a red nose that he had to put so many plasters on it, so basically he has no nose now in the display.

I am hella proud of myself.

"So who is that Jason guy?" Jane asked as we were still scanning the place for a vacant table. "Who was he to you?"

"He is the one who I told you about. The main reason who made me leave."

"I felt that he was some asshole the moment I laid my eyes on him, guess I was right after all." Damon said disgusted by the subject.

"There!" I said pointing to the free table. "There was a couple who just left the table lest's go."

We went to the table, taking our seats then we started to dig in our food.

I noticed that we were sitting beside a table that held all the cheerleaders, jocks and football players. So, basically all the populars in this damn school. Great, just great!

And on that table, Jason and his minions were sitting as well. Jason kept glancing towards me giving me confused and weird looks. But I just rolled my eyes, shifting my attention to anything else but that asshole.

I felt another pair of eyes staring at me and my gut didn't fail me. On the same table, a cheerleader was staring, pouring her full concentration on me.

This damn school is so weird, can't a girl eat in peace?

However, this girl seemed so familiar but I can't put a name on it.

Maybe Jasmine?

No, no, I don't think so, she wouldn't look at me, to avoid getting in trouble with the bullies for interacting with me.

"What are you looking at?" Jane asked, resulting in averting my attention to her.

"Nothing important, just spaced out." I took a bite from my burger.

"Mia?". A voice grabbed our attention making us look towards it.

"Mia Jackobs right?" The girl said, holding so much hope in her eyes.