Operation Explain

As of now, you're safe.

Kind of - unless Yeol decides that listening to his boss is not as considerable than fulfilling his desire of smacking your head off with his baseball bat.

"Uh," You say intelligently.

Yoongi stares at the newcomer, something alight in his coffee brown eyes. He's upset, like he doesn't want him to be back, like he thinks the man will ruin your life.

A small part of you thinks so too.

"I think you have rendered her unable to speak." Yeol says scathingly, lowering his baseball bat with much reluctance, as obvious on his face. "She's in shock."

"I'd say so." Taehyung raises a sleek eyebrow casually, the only one out of the three of you relatively unbothered by the whole supposedly shocking turn of events. "Her mouth is open too."

When you don't respond to his statement, he sighs and drops his arm that carries the drink. "Close your mouth, Y/N."

You close your mouth.

"Well..." Jimin is uncertain now, blinking in slight confusion and thr absence of the knowledge of how exactly he should proceed. "Hey?"

"Hey." Yoongi deadpans.

The blond glances at him with narrowed eyes, but looks away seconds later.

You're still apparently in shock.

"Come on, crotch-kicker." The Yeol dude prods your forehead with his forefinger. "React. Give me a reason to slam dunk you."

Jimin gives him a warning look, and he clenches his jaw. You inhale heavily. "Jimin...?"

Your voice is weak and barely audible, but it's a sign of life. Jimin smiles immediately.

"Hey." He throws out his winning introducing statement.

"Hey." You answer him, expression still weak and weary.

Yeol scrunches his nose, his eyes like daggers aimed at your face. You step back unconsciously.

"Chanyeol." Jimin's tone is dangerous, and it reminds you of the eventful time you escaped in the back of a car and unwantedly picked up on a secret conversation.

The man inclines his head and steps back, and it occurs to you why they call it backing off. His eyes, though, express his absolute displeasure at leaving you not in pieces.

"Oh!" Taehyung exclaims. "So you're the 'Yeol' guy."

He's talking about your second-hand narration of the time you got kidnapped.

"The what guy?" Chanyeol, now you learn his actual names, twists up his face in disgust.

"The 'Yeol' guy." Taehyung emphasizes.

Jimin watches the exchange in confusion, head whipping from side to side, and ultimately blinks - coming out of his daze, no doubt - and steps forward.

"Anyway," He clears his throat, giving Taehyung a funny look, to which he responds to with a simple, lazy smile. "I...Y/N. I think we...have to..."

"Talk?" Yoongi completes his statement, but his eyes are anything but friendly. In fact, you wouldn't be surprised if he whips out a laser gun and zaps the blond on the spot.

You stare at the ground, contemplating what Jimin would look like as a burn mark on the ground, when the said boy speaks again.

"Yeah." His eyes are lasers too, glaring into Yoongi's with an intensity that could raze his very existence to the ground. You swallow, and his eyes flicker to you.

They're hopeful, eager, hesitant. Everything you remember about Jimin, and nothing like the cold persona you overheard in the car.

Who do you think is real?

You don't know what to think.

"Kitten." His voice turns thick at the word, the single word that brings back a rush of emotions that overwhelm you enough to make your knees buckle. "Can we talk?"

"Didn't that thought occur to you sooner?" The blue-haired boy's voice is hostile and mocking as he speaks up, his smirk bitter. "When you left her in the middle of the night? With no explanation? Maybe you could have talked back then, and she would have still wanted to hear you out."

His words make you wince, and Jimin frowns, clearly bothered. He doesn't reply, turning his attention solely to you, and reaches forward.

"Please." His voice is a whisper this time, and pleading and begging and sad, a weak memory of his cocky personality that seems too fake to even be a memory now.

You glance at Yoongi.

And you hesitate.

"Twenty minutes." You choke out, swallowing your indecisiveness. "You have twenty minutes to explain."

And in spite of yourself, you take his hand.

|

so far so good? i hope - cause it's going to become a rocky ride soon.

i hope you liked this chapter - i know it was sort of a filler, but it was important, to show your hesitation and how you're in two minds about jimin

speaking of that, chim is back! how do you feel about that?