She's Fragile But Ok

Hey, Supervalorian's here is the very first chapter of this story! I hope you enjoy As I said in the prologue this story is sad yet light-hearted. parts of this story like the friendship between Melissa and Jacinta, are basically me and my friend this story. 

Mel's POV

I have always been a quiet person would always keep to my self, I would go to work, eat go to sleep, I early went out, and it was just my nature. I work at a small cafe down at the park in New York City, this Cafe is a very well know Cafe owned by Cat Grant, now it sounds more like a media company but its actually a cafe Cat&CO. I have the usual customers that come every day to see me, and always ask for me but when I started to work less they all got worried and continued to ask for me, but I. Asked for privacy, and Cat accepted that she told them that I was on a well deserved holiday, but I really wasn't on a holiday I was inhospitable having Chemo, unless you see machines with hanging treatment and parking lots or small hanging plastic plant as a holiday, well your probably worse off then me.

Today is my first day back at work, and everyone was happy to see me, and I was happy to see them, we all had a lovely chat when I served them making up one story that I went to Hawaii, of course, they asked for photo's but again it was all made up.

Since having Chemo Cat was lovely she allowed me to take extra breaks if I needed since she came to a doctors appointment with me so she knew me. Would be cleared for work and I wasn't just lying because as much as I wanted to go see her every day after Chemo she wouldn't allow me getting sick.

I was on my lunch break reading and Couldn't keep much down so I ate what I could, as It was coming to the end of my lunch break I saw him, he always comes down at this time, every day even on weekends.

"Good to see you back," he said as I looked up at him.

"Good to be back" I replied

"How was it, your holiday?" He asked me

"Good relaxing" I replied

"Really, you look really tired," he said

"Jet lag still hasn't come back to our time," I said laughing "Take a seat I'll be with you in a minute," I told him, he nodded and smiled. I got up and walked back into the Cafe and put my apron back on, taking another a sip of water hoping it would take away my dizziness and pounding headache.

I walked out saw him sitting down reading a book. "So what can I get for you, Chris," I asked Him.

"The usual, you know what it is," he asked

"Yeah, sorry, just remind me again" I replied getting dizzier and dizzier, to the point where I felt like I was swaying.

"Are you ok Mel?" He asked. "Um yeah"I replied stepping and falling back "Mel" was all I heard before everything went black.

Chris's POV.

As I was ordering, Mel was swaying and it also looked like she was shaking, she forgot my order, and she never forgets my order, she always puts it in when she sees me coining down, sure she has been away for weeks, but who forgets a long time customers order, It wasn't until she fainted that I knew something was wrong called cat out and to get an ambulance.

"Chris I think you should come,"Cat asked me "Your next meals are on me,"Cat told me, I nodded and went with Cat to the hospital. I don't know who was left. In charge but the cafe was left open.

I got to the hospitable and we went straight to the cancer ward. "Cat," I asked now really worried "Come Come, I will tell you when while we are waiting outside," Cat told me. I nodded and when we came to a halt we cat down outside her room and Cat explained everything to me.

Cat's POV

When I heard the news of my favorite assistant manager being diagnosed with cancer I was sad, distraught, all the word that can be described as been shocked, scared and sad. I told her that she could take as much time off as she needed.

"I never tell Mel this but she isn't just an assistant manager but she's a friend she does things for mesh goes out of her way and does them, no questions asked" I say to Chris. He nod's and I sigh. "At the start of the year Mel started feeling sick, and she never gets sick its like she's Supergirl" I saying laugh so does he. "She started to drop things, so I told her to go see a doctor, and when she came back to me and told me, I gave her all the time off she needed and told her that Would sort everything out, tell you and all her regulars that she had gone on a well deserved holiday" I started. I saw Chris sigh and look at the pale light blue almost white wall in front of him. "What kind of Cancer is it?" He asked me bluntly "I don't think that is my thing to tell you, none of our staff know about her having cancer" I explained to him and he nodded.

"You know when you first came to the Cafe' I saw her look at you, and you look at her, so I sent her to your side of the Cafe'. When you started to talk to her I saw her smile for the first time in a long time. Chris, you should know that she has worked with me for a long time and we know each other personally, and she has been through a lot, her parents aren't even here when she in the hospitable?" I continued to explain. "Where are her parents ?" Chris asked me. Before I could even tell him, the doctor opened the door.

"She is fine, just a little fragile," He said

"Can we see her?" Chris asked he looked back at her. "Is it just you two?" The doctor asked. Chris and I both nodded.

"Alright, she just starting to wake up, so she will be groggy," The doctor said we nodded again.

We walked in and walked toward Mel who looked pale, with dark circles under her eye's. 

Thx for reading, I hope you enjoy this story, I am really loving writing it, since its close to my heart. 

Sorry guys my internet stuffed up the first time.