I just nodded.

"Well, surprise?" He says throwing his hands up in the air.

He links his arm with mine and leads me to his car and I can't help but wonder...

What have I gotten myself into?

~~~~~~~~~~

Luke pulls up at an unrecognizable house and I can't help but feel nervous.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Luke asks putting his hand on my arm.

I quickly look at him, "Do you think they will like me?" I almost cry out.

What if I say the wrong thing??

Might I add, I have no social life.

Meeting new people isn't my ideal cup of tea.

"Of course they will like you, you're just overthinking it." He says, but I quickly shake my head at him.

"But what if they find me boring? What if-.." my voice trials off.

I feel Luke grab both of my shoulders and he faces me so our noses are only inches apart.

"They WILL like you, just like I do." He smiles genuinely, a dimple that I did not realize was there before, laid on his left cheek.

Well on the other hand, my stomach decided that it wanted to win a medal in gymnastics.

I was almost at a loss of words.

No one has ever said something to me like that before.

Sure it was only a couple words, but he is like the first actual person who likes, well, the real me.

"Luke, you are literally the greatest friend I could ask for." I say in awe.

He smiles wider and we kinda just stare at each other for a couple minutes until I hear a door slam open.

"Well look who finally decided to show up!!" A male voice screams at the top of his lungs.

I move back in shock and look out Luke's car door window to see a boy, not much older than I am, frantically wave his hands in the air.

I hear Luke mumble some... not nice words under his breath as he opens his car door and steps out.

"Calm down Zander, I am right on time." Luke rolls his eyes.

"I think the f*ck not, that was five minutes ago. What took you so long to get your ass out of bed-.." but his voice drifts off as I step out of the car.

Zander's eyes go wide as he eyes me suspiciously.

Oh god, it's the yoga clothes isn't it?

Seriously Luke, a yoga instructor?

But his next words surprised me, "I thought I said to stop bringing your girlfriends to my house!"

My eyes go wide as I look at Luke who stares wide-eyed at Zander.

"Dude she's-..."

"Look Luke, I'm trying to be a supportive friend, I really am, but that last whore was just way too much-.."

"Zander shut the-..."

"And this was suppose to be a get together. You know, before me, Jake, and Ashton head off to college."

"She's not my girlfriend!!" Luke suddenly yells, clearly embarrassed, to stop Zander's rant.

Zander's mouth closes in shock as he just stares at Luke.

It goes silent for a minute as he looks back at me.

Well...

This is awkward.

I mean, I knew Luke had a girlfriend before at the hospital.

I just assumed that he just made a mistake.

But to find out that he was an actual player... that newfound information kinda shocked me.

I didn't take him for the kind of guy to sleep around.

But I don't know why I should be surprised.

I mean, someone who is as attractive as Luke has to have girls wanting to be with him.

I shift my weight to my other foot as Zander seems like he is studying me.

And this ladies and gentlemen...

Is where I become a full blown idiot.

I give him the cringest wave I have ever seen.

Pretty much shouting, 'I'm awkward and I'm going to die in a hole'

After done with the silence, I clear my throat.

"Hi, I'm uh..... Ella."

I can't believe I almost forgot my own name.

How is that even humanly possible.

Suddenly, and this scared the crap out of me, Zander smiles and holds out his hand.

"I'm Zander, it's a pleasure to be alive to meet you." He says and sticks out his hand.

I shake it back, "I am Luke's friend." I smile.

Zander then throws a hand covering his heart, "Oh thank god you're not a whore, I would have had to bury another body."

But at this, I step back, "Another?" I gulp.

Luke then comes into view and stands beside me glaring at Zander.

"He isn't serious."

I sigh in relief.

"Well, at least we hope so."