Bittersweet Victory

Start from the beginning

Charles was my father best friend. Just like Thomas is mine.

I realize I cannot stand here for much longer.

I started to walk towards the huge entrance of my Castle still listening to Thomas screams.

“WAKE UP FATHER!” He cried “Don’t leave me Papa…”

I closed my eyes, remembering the time my father died as if it was yesterday.

Thousands of servants approached me in order to take care of me, but I declined everything.

I just kept walking.

“ROBERT!”  I heard my mother, running towards me, other members of the council quickly after her. They had already left the secret room and went to the castle. Every place is filled with blood, though.

She quickly embraced me, making me feel even weaker in the knees. Her touch so comforting and warm. The pain in my heart is making me feel useless.

“Mother…” I whispered

“Oh, honey” she kissed my cheek, embracing me tightly “Everything is alright. I am so proud of you” she kissed me

“Is Montagu… really dead?” Cornwallis stammered

*flashback*

“STONEGATEAN!” I heard Montagu’s voice, between all the men of the battle, yelling in anger

I looked back, making sure to know where he was. I needed to get rid of all the men attacking me first.

“YOU WILL NOT WIN THIS TIME, NOT AFTER ALL OF THIS!” He kept yelling

“AAAAH!” I heard someone screaming in anger, attacking Montagu.

I turned back to see Charles jumping against him “YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TOUCH MY PRINCE!” He yelled “AND YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID TO MY SON!”

I quickly got rid of the men around me and started to run towards them. I want to be the one killing Montagu. I want to feel his life leaving his body.

I am going to rip his soul apart.

But, the next thing I see is Montagu’s sword puncturing Charles body.

“NO!” I yelled, watching Montagu throwing his body to the floor, a smirk in his face.

The anger inside me increased even more, if possible. And when I noticed the sword he was carrying, I was faster than the speed of light.

My sword.

He was the one carrying my sword. The one I lost back when I was captured.

“You have something of mine” My attack made him fall back on the floor. No one else dared to approach us

“Well I have to admit this one is a wonderful piece of steal, Stonegatean” he smirked, standing up

“A Stonegatean sword never kills its true owner. Or haven’t you studied our history and legends?”

He laughed “Let’s see about…”

Before he could finish, I used all the strength I had and made him drop the sword. I threw my own, or my father’s, to the floor, and attacked him with my own body.

“You are no fighter, no soldier… much less a worthy Prince” I whispered, more to myself.

I felt an arrow stabbing my back and, quickly ripping it off me, it was exactly what I used to stab it through his mouth and watch him slowly dying, before me.

*end of flashback*

“Very much dead” I whispered, closing my eyes under my mother’s touch

“You need cares, my son. You are injured”

“Diana… h-how is she? I need to see her”

She caressed my face “She hasn’t woken up yet. She lost a lot of blood, my son” she sadly looked at me

“N-No… she has to… make it. Mother…” I said, allowing the tears to fall.

I honestly do not care it there are people watching their Prince crying. That was the last thing on my mind now.

“She will be alright. They said she has good chances of being alright, my son. But please, take care of yourself first…” she sadly said

“N-No… I will go t-to her now”

I said, before stumbling my way to the place she was.

Hello!

I am so sorry for the long wait!

I finally updated!

I hope you liked it!

This story is reaching its end!

Stay tuned!

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*