The kindgom never fell

“Robert?!” The Queen’s jaw was dropped, her eyes instantly watery. The Prince smiled weakly, his heart beating faster than ever

“Mother” he whispered, starting to run to feel her motherly embrace once again.

“Oh my god” she held him tight against her, as if her life depended on it “My Robert” she cried

He smiled, his strong arms pushing her up, swinging them both as the hug was impossible to break.

“Mom” he whispered again in her ear “Are you hurt, mother?”

She smiled, kissing his face all over “I knew you were alive, my boy” she held his face to take a good look at him “You are the one who is hurt…”

He smiled “I could not be better mother” he smiled “I am home again”

She cried, letting her head fall into her son’s chest “I am so happy you are back”

“Why are you here? How do you know this place?” He asked her, looking around to see some people there.

“Your father once gave me a letter” She looked at him “He told me to open it only when I crossed such a desperate problem with no solution in the kingdom” A smile appeared on her lips “It was this place.”

Robert smiled “I was scared they would hurt you, mother”

Charles de Montfort approached “They would, if we did not move” He smiled

“Charles” Robert hugged him

“I knew you would not leave us” He smiled

“Never, Charles” Robert smiled “What are they doing to my kingdom?”

“Everything is a disaster. They are killing everyone who pronounces your name” Charles spoke “They would try to kill us, the council and the Queen. Fortunately we were able to get in here”

Robert glanced around, also seeing maids from their castle, Jasmine included. She was looking back at him with tears in her eyes.

“The rest of the people?” He asked

“It is a chaos… I have been leaving here every once in a while to go and try to calm everyone I can down. I have begged for them not to pronounce your name, to try and live under their circumstances now. I had faith you would return”

Robert paced around the room, Thomas was standing next to his father and Diana was still near the door.

“My soldiers?”

“There were a few deaths…” Montfort spoke “I have talked to some as well and tried to calm themselves down. They lost their faith when they thought they lost you and Thomas”

Robert softly nodded “We are here, though.” He whispered “But I have lost my sword” He glanced at his mother sadly

She half smiled and hugged him again “I know your father gave you that sword, but worry not, my boy. I believe it would be an honor to hold your father’s sword, you would not disappoint him”

Robert looked down “Never, mother…”

“Where have you been?” Charles asked

Thomas took a deep breath “I was taken to Knavesmire shortly after they attacked Wedgemore to take Robert.” He said as everyone glanced at Robert

He smiled, looking back at Diana.

“Uhhh, mother” He whispered

“Yes?”

“There is someone I want you to meet?”

Her eyes widened as she watched her son walking to the beautiful lady at the door, holding her hand to walk with her back to where the Queen was.

She had never seen her son’s eyes showing such love as they showed when he looked at that lady

“This is Diana, mother. Rightful heir to Wedgemore’s throne.” He said “And the owner of my heart” He smiled at Diana, whose eyes were sparkling as she tightened her hand around his

The Queen’s eyes were watery again, she could not believe this was happening.

“When I was poisoned by Gloriana, this beautiful lady saved my life.” Robert spoke “And after that, when we were captured and taken to Knavesmire, she freed herself and went to save me again.” His words showing how proud he was of her “I would not be here if it was not for her. And I would never know what love is if I had not met her”

Queen Beatrix moved quickly after those words. She pushed Diana into a tight hug “Thank you” she whispered “Thank you for taking care of my boy”

Diana smiled, her own tears threatening to fall “He saved my life as well, many times. And he has stolen my heart just the same” She whispered, Robert standing right next to her

The Queen’s smile could not be bigger and she could not feel happier that her boy had finally found someone good and right for him. She had prayed for that moment for a long time.

“You were taken to Knavesmire as well, my Prince?” A man of the council asked

Robert looked at him, his arm still around Diana’s shoulder “I was, that was where we all found each other”  

“They hurt you” The Queen looked at her son

Robert glanced at the people in the room “It does not matter. What does matter is how we are taking back everything that was taken from us” He spoke

“Make sure you leave Gloriana for me” Diana commented

Robert smiled “She will be all yours, my Queen” He kissed her forehead

Charles and Thomas, father and son, smiled widely at the Prince’s words “Let’s prepare the battle then!”

“No!” The Queen and Diana spoke at the same time.

Both smiled, already starting to like each other “You all have to rest first” The Queen spoke

“The plan is made, mother, I just need to put it in action” Robert spoke

“First, you will eat and rest” Diana ordered

Robert’s eyes widened “I have a feeling you and mother will love each other”

People laughed.

Everything felt normal again.

Hope filled all their hearts.

And it was about to fill every Stonegatean heart.

Their Prince was there.

He had the best support ever.

His heart was warm, yet thirsty for revenge.

No one should dare to enter Stonegate without his permission.

Hey!

What do you think?

Will the plan go according to their wishes?

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*