Thea's secrets

*At the Stonegatean Castle*

“My Queen!” A soldier abruptly entered the Main Hall

“What is wrong?” Queen Beatrix spoke

“Lord Cornwallis is here! He is injured and he… brings some news”

Queen Beatrix stood up immediately, her hands over her heart. What could possibly have happened?!

A bloody, limping Lord Cornwallis entered the Main Hall

“My goodness, Cornwallis! What happened?” She looked seriously at his face, finally seeing the tears.

“Treason, my Queen” he sobbed “We found out that Knavesmire was joining forces with Skeldergate. Prince Robert was responsible for the protection of Wedgemore”

“Yes, I know that” The queen said eagerly

“But… Wedgemore betrayed us. This was everything to call our attention, to make us fall…” he cried “Prince Robert, he…”

The Queen’s eyes widened “What? What happened to my son?!”

“There was blood all over the Palace’s halls. A little boat with some of his clothes, also bloody, was found drifting over the sea…”

Her heartbeat increased, she was lost for words “Some say he is dead. Some believe he is not. Anyway, there are people looking for him, to finish the job”

The tears finally flooded down her face

“Right after, the harbor was attacked. Our men… died. Thomas de Montfort…” he looked at her, the tears falling from his eyes as well. Robert has always been like a son to him, Thomas as well.

“How could I have failed like this….” She cried “They are planning to attack Stonegate, then…” she whispered”

“I believe so… We do not have leaders…”

*Somewhere in Wedgemore*

Diana yawned, finally awakening from her sleep. Probably one of the bests she had in a long time. She softly stood up, glancing at the Prince’s bed. He was awake, glancing at her, a small smile on his face

“Do you need anything?” She asked him

“No… thank you” he whispered

She approached him, touching his forehead “Feeling better?”

“Yes” he whispered “I’ve been worse” he smiled

“I am going to get some breakfast” she whispered

“Ok” He said, glancing at the door, which had just been opened.

Thea entered the room

“Good morning” she smiled, approaching the Prince “They are looking for you”

Robert glanced at her “So, I need to leave”

“I believe they will not come here in the next few days. This place is somewhat hidden” she said, as Diana approached them with a tray of food “but I do believe you should go back to your Kingdom”

“Thanks” he smiled at Diana who gave him his tray “They can try to attack without me in there. But, unless my mother lets them, they will not be able to get in”

“They could find a way” Diana looked at him

“Yes, they could. If some soldier survived they surely tortured him to tell ways in. Still, it would be very difficult” Robert looked down

“Do you think your mother would open doors and let them simply come in?”

Robert looked down “I do not know what information my mother possesses. But, knowing about the men we lost, thinking about fighting a battle without me or Thomas…” The Prince closed his eyes at his mention “…she would not want any more lives to be taken. I just know my mother too well”

Diana smiled at the Prince “Do you think you can get there first?”

Robert looked at her “Silently, discretely… perhaps”

“I still do not know the Queen’s interest in all this” Diana spoke “I mean, Gloriana of Wedgemore”

Robert glanced at her “I never really cared about Wedgemore, it was never a threat. I do not know the Queen that well… it was my mistake. I was stupid”

“No, you could have never guessed. I believe you already guessed about Skeldergate and Knavesmire” Diana looked at him “It can never be your fault”

“I should have paid more attention, I should have…”

“Shhh” Diana whispered, next to the Prince “It is done, you are getting better, that is what matters”

The Prince smiled at her, warmly.

“I am going to say that, when I first knew you had been poisoned with that… I did not believe you would live” Thea spoke

Robert glanced at her, observing quietly as Diana spoke

“His temperature is normalizing” She smiled

“You know something” Robert spoke, looking at Thea

She glanced at him “I know something?”

“Yes.” He looked at her, intensely “You cured me, you said it was a rare poison, but you knew how to save me. You say you did not believe I would live. Has this happened before? How do you know so much about poisons?”

Thea’s eyes widened, Diana suddenly looked at her, curious as well.

Thea glanced from the Prince to Diana, suddenly feeling trapped.

“I believe it is time…” She whispered.

It was time.

For the truth to be known.

Heeeey!

Cliffhanger!

What can possibly this woman know?

What is it?

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*