Stonegate has fallen

“Your highness!” A Charles de Montfort, Thomas father, ran to the Queen of Stonegate

“What is it, Charles?”

“Ships, they’re coming. All over”

The Queen glanced at him, thinking quickly

“They might not be able to get in, your highness.”

“And they might have tortured some of our soldiers in order to know secret ways in”

“Soldiers only know about two, your highness. Prince Robert is the one who knows everything about our borders”

“I know” The Queen sighed “Still, I am not risking more lives. Could you please gather all the population you can, pull a white flag at the harbor?”

Charles de Montfort looked down, he disagreed, he wanted vengeance. For his son, for his Prince. But he understood the Queen’s point of view, and he would not dare to question her.

“As you wish”

It did not took a long time for the population of the capital to join together in the main square. People of the council addressed the Queen before she started her speech

“Your highness, are you sure about this?” Walter spoke

“I am not, Walter. But I do think it is the best way.”

“Our army is still intact!” Another man said

“But has no one to command it, or may I remind you some past happenings?!” Charles de Montfort snapped “It is still strong, but the enemy is not just a simple army…”

“If they take this kingdom, they might kill many of us right away. This people might start living in hell”

The Queen looked down and walked to address the people

“People of Stonegate. It is with great sorrow that I will open the gates for Skeldergate, Knavesmire and Wedgemore. I will not command an attack, I do not want more deaths.” She whispered, tears almost falling from her eyes “I cannot assure you that your lives will be the same, I would never ask you to rebellion against the crown. But if something ever goes wrong, just remember who really made your good lives possible and peaceful in these last years.”

“Stonegate” One man yelled, within the crowd

Charles de Montfort approached the Queen, to assure she was alright

“Stonegate!” Another yelled

It was a matter of seconds until everyone was yelling ‘Stonegate’

“They will never forget where they belong, your highness” Charles half smiled at the Queen, who looked down.

“I just wished I knew something about my son.”

“I know. I feel the same way about my boy”

The Queen glanced at Charles “I know you do, Charles. I am so sorry about all this”

“There is nothing to be sorry about. We just need to find ways to turn this situation around. They are going to cause misery in here”

The Queen looked down “I know.”

Back in the island of Wedgemore, the Prince was smiling widely as he watched Diana struggling to fight him. Everyday he tried to make it harder, so she could learn some more new tricks. He could not deny the good learner she was. And she had the will to learn even more. She was not a warrior, she was not a soldier, but she was learning how to defend herself. And the Prince thought she was doing a good job in it.