What really happened?

The night was calm and warm in Stonegate as the council was still reunited. Prince Robert turned to his mother as an old man was finishing telling about the story of Wedgemore “You see, mother, there’s only one Queen around and that is you”

Queen Beatrix looked at her son “Robert, do you ever listen to what they say? Wedgemore is ruled by a Queen. You would already knew about this if you were interested about all the kingdoms around”

The prince smiled “And what kind of Queen is that? What is there so interesting to rule in Wedgemore? The kingdom was always peaceful. If only that Queen had half of the issues you have…And I do care, mother. Wedgemore is the only kingdom I never really wanted to know about, because there was never a high risk for us. Why are you so mad at me?” Prince Robert raised his eyebrow

“I am not mad at you” She looked away

“Oh, good”

“… I am furious at you!” she said between her teeth

“Ahh mother…” The prince protested in a whisper

“Your highness, did you just listen to what has been said?” Lord Cornwallis

“YES, I did!” Prince Robert snapped “I do not really care about their past and family, I want to know details on the attack, now”

“We were just saying it is a Royal Family composed by only females” Lord Cornwallis whispered

Prince Robert raised his eyebrow “Only females?” he smirked “Why haven’t you told me that information ever before?!”

“But your highness just said…”

“Moving on, for God’s sake, I am tired” The Queen spoke

“Your highness” Charles de Montfort, Thomas’ father, stood up “I have some information”

“Give me” Prince Robert spoke

“I know, as a matter of fact. that Wedgemore’s Palace was never invaded, even though they didn’t have no one to stop them. Some of the deaths' armors indicates the attack was made by the Knavesmire” The soldier then sat back down.

Prince Robert stood silent, his mind full of thoughts

“Prince?” Thomas spoke “Do you think Stonegate is running some kind of risk?”

The prince stood up “I do believe Wedgemore wasn't attacked by interest on its property. We all know how Stonegate is the major interest for some Continental kingdoms and we all know Wedgemore is an island that stands near to our coast. We need to be cautious. Thomas, reinforce the coast guard. If any of you has any further information, I want to be the first to know.” He ended his drink “You can all go now.”

“Thank you, your highness”

Back on the attacked island, Wedgemore, Diana was in her tiny room of the castle. It was a room given to her by the king, while he was still alive, for her to sleep when it was late so she didn’t have to walk all the way back to her house. She was still scared, she didn’t want to go back to her house soon, memories of the attack coming to her mind. She didn’t think she realized it was a battle, a war, until later. She had never seen something like that. She had grown up in that environment. She didn’t know any reality other than that.

While the king was still alive, she actually felt welcomed there. But after that great man died, she never was the same. She got used to be insulted everyday, forced to work hard and alone, not having contact with many people. But what could she do? She didn’t have anywhere else to go. She was brave and strong, she had a straight mind, but she lacked any kind of experience to be able to make the decision of running away.