It is only fire if it burns

Diana’s POV

There is no way I will sit here and wait for this battle to be over.

I was already stressed, walking around this room, as I saw Thomas and Charles walking in and out of the room, clearing the passage for every other man to go through.

“My Queen, Prince Robert must come any minute now”

Queen Beatrix was holding a huge sword “This was his father’s sword. I am sure my son will use it proudly”

“and properly” Charles smiled.

I silently walked out of the door, hiding somewhere in the dark of those halls. I am going to fight. I am going to find that Queen who, during all this time, hid from me what I really am.

It was a matter of minutes until I heard many men starting to fill these halls. Queen Beatrix was at the door, with Thomas and Charles next to her.

I saw Robert walking to her, a small smile in his face.

“Thomas,” he said “Go quickly and send my order to attack. Surround the center of Stonegate.”

“Yes, my Prince. Are the ships already ready?”

“I have sent my orders, they already started the attack. Everything is concentrated in that harbor”

“They are not expecting this. We are coming from all the places!” Charles excitedly said as Thomas started walking away, wearing a long cloak above his armor, to go unnoticed.

After all, this passage leads directly into the castle.

“Son” The Queen showed him the big sword “It is yours now”

Robert proudly held the sword, taking it off from his casing. The sound of its metal very well heard “I will not disappoint him” He said in a deep voice “I will not disappoint anyone. Not anymore”

His mother took a step forward to hug and kiss her son “You never did, my son”

He half smiled as she continued “Please be careful”

The Prince nodded “Where is Diana?” He glanced inside the room

“Stressed, not very talkative”

He looked down “Just… tell her I love her, mother”

I swear I felt my heart swelling. I wanted to run from my hideout and hug him tight. I cannot bear to be like this with him.

I love him. That cannot be overpassed by a growing human being inside another woman’s belly. Never.

We can go through it.

I just know I cannot be away from him.

“Men,” I heard Robert’s now colder and aggressive voice speaking “When we step out of here, I want no mercy towards any Knavesmirean, Skeldergatean or the few Wedgemoreans stepping in our way.”

“Yes, my Prince” all the man spoke

“Remember your children, your wives, your parents, and every single one that is important to you. Remember to claim what is yours. And we will take back what is ours.”

Everyone cheered their Prince. It gave me chills.

I can’t describe how proud I am of him.

“Let’s surprise those who claim themselves to be kings and queens of Stonegate” Robert held his sword in his hand “I will be by your side, men”